Chapter 4: Searching....

Chapter 4

Avery's P. O. V.

There's memories I keep thinking about. Memories where I wish I could go back and just relive them. The memories are simple and I just want to feel that moment and experience again. There's some memories that I find myself always thinking back to. Memories I wouldn't trade for anything. That moment or that feeling of living and I know that moment will turn into a memory that I will never let go of.

To the trips to the beach and the salty air and the salty taste of the ocean. The drive there and the drive back. Those moments are simple and divine. I would give anything to just go back and just appreciate that moment more. But I can't and I just keep thinking about it. It's very painful and I can't bring myself to cry.

I look back at the ocean view and at the tulips I had placed on the balcony rail. Those bring back a lot and I realize that I can't enjoy those flowers anymore. But, Summer gave those to me and without realizing it, those tulips mean a lot now. She handed them to me and I melted inside. The gesture was simple and had no real meaning, but the tulips themselves were thoughtful.

I remember when her eyes had brighten up and I couldn't say no. Those light brown eyes beamed brightly at me and I again forgot that we were standing less than 5 feet from my parents bodies. Her smile had widen and her eyes crinkled a little, the smile genuine.

A soft breeze whisked by my face and I inhaled deeply. The scent of salt and ocean invading my senses. Looking toward the horizon, I can easily confirm that it's still morning. The sun is still rising and is not at it's highest point yet. The sky is a mixtures of oranges and yellows and the ocean is gleaming and the sun's reflection is slightly distorted. But the sound of the ocean hitting the rocks below and the sound of the wind made me forget about the sadness lurking deep inside my mind.

Right now, I can easily compare the warmth and the calmness of the sun to Summer's eyes. That's how they made me feel. Like how you would lay down on the hot sand after you swan in the ocean. The sun beating down on you, but it feels so good. You can smell the lingering scent of sunscreen and your skin is kinda mucky from the water, but it feels good. Summer's eyes reminded me of those days lounging on the beach, the warmth and the thoughts it brings.

Summer's P. O. V.

It's been days since I last swan. I usually swim when I'm really stressed to. It's relaxes me and I can think clearly. The weather is ideal and the sun is out and I know it's gonna be hot today. So I decide that I'm gonna swim.

I open the sliding doors that lead to the pool. I step outside and stride toward the pool. My backyard is relatively big and my parents had remodeled the pool recently. It's longer in length and somewhat skinnier in width. I step onto the diving board and adjust my goggles. Testing the diving board, I finally dived in. The water rushed smoothly along my skin and I formed a straight streamline and held my breath as long as I could. Once I broke into my strokes, my swimming became thorough and strong. I counted: one, two, three, and breath. And I repeated that process.

The smell of the chlorine is all to familiar and it feels great. The feeling of the water on overheated skin and the feeling of how my muscles work when I drive my hands into the water and push myself forward. My face is down and and I can see the sun's rays penetrate through the chlorine. I see the water's reflection on the bottom of the pool and I can see the bubbles and ripples my arms make when they enter the water.

Once I feel the burn in my arms and legs, I exit the pool and grab my towel from the lounge chair on the deck. Wiping the towel over my face and uniting my hair and ruffling it dry. I glance up and stare longingly at my parents' balcony. Two chairs face the view and those two chairs are now empty.