Chapter 55

Sorry for shortness!!!!!!!!

Alice paced hastily in front of me. Her footsteps echoed like gunshots in the otherwise silent room. She spun to face me.

“Let me get this straight, Noah kept a huge secret from you, so you dumped him?” Alice confirmed. I nodded.

“Yeah and now we are going to show him what it’s like to have his heart broken,” I said. Alice shook her head and let out a frustrated breath.

“Would you mind telling me what his secret was?” Alice asked. I hesitated.

I did want to tell her, but that would involve telling her everything about my father. After keeping it a secret from her this long, I couldn’t bring myself to tell her,

“It’s personal,” I mumbled.

“Did her cheat on you?” Alice asked in a disbelieving tone. I quickly shook my head.

“No! Of course not!” I said. She sighed and began pacing again.

I was started to worry. Ever since I’d told her that Noah and I broke up, she had been acting like it was taking everything in her not to explode.

She froze and strode towards me. Without warning, she raised her hand and gave me a good slap to the face.

I reached up to cup my stinging cheek, tears of pain and disbelief forming in my eyes.

“Alice!” I protested. She ignored me and gripped my face in her hands. I tried to struggle out of her hands, but she held on tight.

“Amber, listen to me. I’m sorry for hitting you, but I literally had to slap some sense into you. I don’t know what Noah kept from you that was so horrible, but nothing is worth you two splitting up,” She began.

Was she really taking his side? I thought she was supposed to be my best friend? A few months ago, Noah hadn’t ever spoken a word to her and now she was taking his side over her best friend? I couldn’t believe her!

“No! Don’t get angry at me hear me out!” She said, guessing my thoughts as usual. Before I could protest, she continued.

“I think you should forgive Noah for whatever he did. I’m not doing this for Noah; I’m doing this for you. He makes you happy, Amber. I know you aren’t always all sunshine and giggles, but Noah brings out the happiness in you, and that’s all a girl could ever ask for,” Alice said.

Suddenly, I felt guilty for breaking up with Noah. I tried to push the feeling away. She was supposed to make me stay angry at Noah, not pity him! I wasn’t supposed to forgive him this easily.

I opened my mouth to protest, but Alice beat me too it.