Chapter 36

Amber’s POV

On the outside, I was slowly inching my head closer to Noah. On the inside, World War III was taking place.

You idiot! Stop! Stop right now! You’re ruining everything, my brain screamed at me.

It did have a point; I was risking everything by doing this. However, my heart was saying something totally different.

Shut up! Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for this? And look! Noah isn’t exactly shoving us away, now is he? Just go with it, my Heart hissed.

I also saw the reasoning in this. I know I was risking a lot, but he did say I looked beautiful earlier. Doesn’t that mean something?

No! It doesn’t. He was just being a gentleman! My Brain protested.

Shut up!

You know what? I control this body! I am the Brain after all! Why don’t I just stop functioning? Then we’ll be dead. At least we won’t have to live with the humiliation!

Excuse me? You control this body? I don’t think so. I am the heart! I can stop beating right now and we’ll be dead. I’m in charge here!

I’m the one giving you the orders to beat! Besides, I control her hands. I can always force her to choke herself.

Oh yeah? She read on the internet somewhere that it is physically impossible to suffocate yourself with your hands. First, you pass out and your hands will subconsciously move away! My Heart countered again.

Fine! I can make her hang herself!

Not if I stop beating first!

Will both of you stop discussing ways to kill me and shut up! I silently screamed. Luckily, they had come to a draw and the battle was momentarily over.

My lips came into contact with Noah for half a second before I yanked my head back.

Great. Might as well kill ourselves now, my Brain grumbled pessimistically.

My heart however was soaring. Neither of us had missing the spark of desire and warmth that had exploded between us, even if it had only lasted half a second. How cliché.

“I’m really really sorry! I didn’t mean to do that! Well, yeah I did, but I don’t know why. It was stupid but I just really had to see how it felt. I’m a total idiot aren’t I? Of course I am. And now you probably hate-.” My rush of words was cut off by him crushing his lips to mine.

As an automatic reaction, my hands curled themselves around his neck and pulled out bodies even closer. His hands slid up and down my back.