Chapter 45

Noah’s POV          

I heard the soft sound of Amber’s footsteps as I sat down on the couch. They paused as she hesitated. She drew in a deep breath before sitting down beside me on the couch.

We sat in silence, both of us preoccupied in our own thoughts.

The way she had hesitated, it was like she was debating whether or not to kick me out or let me stay. Only an hour ago, she told me that she didn’t need me, or want me. Could her views have changed since then?

Maybe she said that out of anger. I hoped she had. Just thinking about it made my heart clench so painfully, I almost doubled over in agony.

This was far worse than anything I’d ever experienced. I loved her, and she didn’t want me. She didn’t want me to be her boyfriend, and she didn’t want me in her life. Where did I go wrong?

I wanted to fix whatever I did, but I knew I had to give her time. She had been through a lot in her life, and I knew it was harder for her to trust people than the rest of us.

I wondered what got her so angry in the first place. When I had dropped her off, she seemed almost sad that I was leaving, and then ten minutes later she was telling me to leave her alone forever. Surely she couldn’t have been mad at me because Drake slept with Alice. Had Drake said something to her? Oh god, what if he let it slip out that I loved her? She probably freaked out and called me. But if that was true, why was she sitting beside me now?

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” She whispered. I tried to think of a way to ask her. Hey Amber, I was kind of wondering if you knew about my love for you. No? Okay. Just forget I said anything.

“I was wondering if, uh,” I started. I scratched the nape of my neck and adverted my gaze from her curious eyes. If I stared into them any longer, I would blurt out something incredibly stupid and/or humiliating.

“What did Drake say to you?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” I looked back up at her.

“Did he say anything to you? You sounded pretty mad when you called me,” I said. Then I remembered why she had called me in the first place. She had asked for Drake’s number, which meant that she couldn’t have already spoken to him.

She blushed and stared at her lap.

“Noah, I’m really sorry I said those things. I didn’t mean them,” She muttered. I sighed. I used my thumb and pointer finger to tilt her chin up so she could look into my eyes. I wanted her to see how much I cared about her and forgave her.

“I want to know why you were so mad at me in the first place. I want to fix it,” I said. She blushed again and tried to look away from my eyes. It was a pretty difficult thing to do considering our faces were about an inch apart.

“It was stupid,” She murmured. Her cool breath blew across my face and my hands actually started to tremble. I hoped she didn’t feel it.

“What is it?” I asked. She took a deep breath, like she was almost embarrassed to say it.

“I was just angry because Alice told me about her and Drake. I just thought,” She stopped. She bit her bottom lip, looking so sexy that I almost closed the distance between us and kissed her. But I stopped myself.

“You thought,” I encouraged. She closed her eyes.

“I thought that since Drake was your best friend, what would stop you from doing the same thing to me and never talking to me again,” She said quickly. Again, I felt my heart drop. I freed her face and started to withdraw my hand. Her eyes shot open and she grabbed my hand and placed it against her cheek.

“But I was just angry. I know you wouldn’t do that. I trust you, Noah. I do,” She said. My insides flipped, but not painfully. I felt like I was on a high roller coaster, about to go down the steep hill.

She trusted me. I was one of the only few people in the world that she trusted.

“Thank you for trusting me. You’re right. I would never ignore you forever,” I promised sincerely. She smiled, the movement moving my hand that was rested on her face.

I slowly leaned in and closed the small distance between us. It was a sweet kiss, a restrained one.

Amber traced my lower lip with her tongue, surprising me with her confidence. I opened my mouth and she deepened the kiss.

My hands moved up on their own account to cup her face. She leant backwards until I was almost on top of her. My entire body burned with desire as I made myself hover above her.

Her hands traced every inch of my chest under my shirt and I could barely contain my moan of pleasure. I ran my hands along her upper thigh and back. She gasped and leaned back her head. I took the opportunity to trail kisses on her jaw.

I reached the place where her neck met her shoulder blades and sucked lightly. Her hands grabbed fistfuls of my shirt.

I moved back to her mouth and kissed her with everything I had in me.

I was so caught up in the moment and dazed that I couldn’t help what slipped out of my mouths next.

“I love you.”

He said it!!!! Even though it was kind of an accident. What will Amber think?

Do you think it was too early for him to share his feelings or not?

Votes: 53

Next upload: Wednesday