Chapter 33

Amber’s POV

“That was so much fun!” I commented as we stepped back into my house.

We had just gotten home from the ice rink and the excitement and enjoyment from it were bubbling through my veins. I felt like I was somewhere caught between being drunk and high. I felt like doing something crazy and I felt crazily happy.

“What do you want to do now? It’s still early,” Noah asked.

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head and made me grin widely.

“Can we wash your car?” I asked.

Noah raised an eyebrow. Well, I guess my idea was kind of random…

“You want to wash my car?” He confirmed. I nodded excitedly.

“Yeah! I don’t have a car to wash and for some reason I’ve always wanted to wash a car. So can we please do it?” I begged. Noah smirked at me.

“We can do it whenever you want,” Noah said.

I gave him a puzzled look. Why did that sound so inappropriate to me? I then realized what Noah meant by it. I shoved his shoulder.

“You know what I meant,” I said.

This time he nodded, which made me grin. I told him to wait outside while I got all the stuff we need from inside the house. When I was done with my scavenger hunt, I had to rags, a soapy spray, and I plugged in the garden hose. I also changed into some shorts and a baggy shirt. These clothes were pretty old and I didn’t really care if they got ruined.

One thing that bothered me was how short the shorts were. They barely covered my butt, but they were the only pair I could stand to ruin. Besides, it was pretty hot outside.

I stepped outside and a rush of heat immediately hit me. I couldn’t believe it was September and still this hot!

                I caught sight of Noah. He was circling his car, admiring every part of it. Just as I came out, he bent over to check something under it, so he didn’t notice me. In fact, he didn’t acknowledge my presence until I stood right in front of him and dropped the supplies to the ground with a loud crash.

                His head shot up in surprise. As soon as he saw me, he ran his eyes from my feet to my hair, his mouth popping open in surprise. I gave him a weird look.

                “What?” I asked him. He had to swallow before answering.

                “Nothing, I guess I just saw a bug or something,” He muttered.

                Saw a bug? I didn’t believe him for a second.

                “You sure it isn’t my incredibly hot exposed legs?” I smirked, giving a twirl.