Chapter 49

Amber’s POV

I woke up with a pounding headache and a painfully dry mouth, the perfect hangover recipe. How much had I had to drink last night? I vaguely remember downing drinks as I broke the news about our love confession, but I drew a blank from there.

I groaned loudly and pressed a hand to my forehead, which was expectedly burning. Luckily, my hand was cool and it brought some relief, but not much.

I pushed myself up in bed and heard a groan sound from beside me. I froze. Oh god there was someone in bed with me. Did we end up going to a bar or something? No, this was my room.

I was scared to look at them, afraid of what I might find. Should I run out of bed and wait for them to wake up and leave or wake them up and kick them out now?

A thought hit me like a truck speeding on a highway. If I did something with them that meant that I cheated on Noah! My eyes watered. I was such a hypocrite, worrying that he would do something to hurt me while I do just that to him.

I can’t believe I cheated on Noah! He’s never going to forgive me. He’s going to hate me forever.

A strange gurgled sound escaped my mouth. I slapped a hand over my mouth, but not before I felt the person next to me sift in their sleep. I stayed as still as I could and tried to quiet my breathing. They remained motionless after that, luckily.

I let out a deep breath, which of course woke them up. I froze and kept my eyes fixed forwards as I felt them sit up.

Don’t look at them, pretend nothing ever happened.

Whoever it was placed a hand on my thigh. I not only flinched away from them, but from the shocks that shot up my body. My body was attracted to them? Great, just great. Not only did I cheat on Noah, but I was attracted to someone else.

“Amber?” I heard Noah’s voice ask, sounding hurt. Now I was imagining things. That was exactly how he was going to sound when he found out. I got a salty taste on my lips and I realized I was crying. I didn’t even bother to wipe away the tears.

I was about to tell whoever was in my bed to get out, but I was interrupted by the taste of vomit forming in my mouth. I realized what I was going to do and hopped out of bed and sprinted into my bathroom.

I shoved my face into the toilet bowl and proceeded to vomit out all the food I’d had in the last 24 hours. Could my morning get any worse?

Hands brushed by my neck as they gathered my hair and held it back for me. Again, the skin where he touched felt warm and my heart pounded a little faster in my chest.

I shouldn’t be feeling these things for someone else. I was supposed to feel this for Noah, and only Noah. I am such a horrible girlfriend.

I scowled and slapped their hands away. My hair fell in front of my face and I angrily swiped it away before I vomited on it. Now that I was out of food to throw up, my body dry heaved painfully.