Chapter 2

Hundreds of students swarmed the hallways of West Creek High School. I swerved in between people talking, narrowly avoiding an elbow to the gut. I glanced behind me. Somewhere in the struggle, I had lost Alice and Sydney. I looked ahead of me just in time to see myself slamming into a muscular body. I stumbled backwards and fell onto the cold tile floor.

I looked up to see a river of blond hair waving above me.

"Watch where you're going, idiot!" Lexi's high pitched voice wailed. She had her petite body pressed into the side of a random guy, who towered above her. He wasn't even paying attention to what was going on in front of him, he still had his eyes glue to her massive, and most likely plastic, chest.

If she wanted to make a scene, I would sure I gave her the precious attention she wanted. I pushed myself off the floor and stifled a groan as my butt felt sore from my fall. My thin pair of sweat pants didn't cushion me at all.

"Believe me I will, I don't want to catch anything," I said dusting myself off.  She shot me a dark look before ignoring me completely and resuming making out with the guy next to her.

I rolled my eyes and headed towards my first period class. The hallways were starting to empty out so I quickened my pace. Why did my classroom have to be on the other side of the building?

Just as I stepped through the door way of Mr. Michael's classroom, the bell rang, making me jump.

"Ms. Walker, so nice of you to join us," My teacher spoke. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again. I was only about half a second late and he was acting like I had missed half of the class. Instead, I put on a forced smile.

"I'm sorry, Sir. It won't happen again," I said taking my seat in the back of the class. I heard a few snickers and some spreading gossip but I tuned them out.

I saw someone stick out their foot, attempting to trip me. I merely stepped over it. I had gotten used to this; it had been going on for my entire time at high school. In fact, I prided myself in how good I'd gotten at avoiding my classmates' many attempts at embarrassing me.

I sat down in my seat and glanced at Sydney next to me. She gave me an apologetic look and mouthed, 'sorry.'

I nodded and smiled. I turned my attention back to the teacher who was beginning to lecture us on the events leading to the end of the American Civil War.

I noticed everyone was taking notes so I hurriedly grabbed my notebook from my bag. I started to jot down what he was saying until I felt a tap on my right shoulder.

I looked to the side and met the gaze of Noah Flynn.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" He whispered. I nodded and dug through my bag, trying to find a spare. My hands trembled as I furiously searched for one. I had this strange feeling that I was being tested; like I would pay for every wrong move that I made. I internally rolled my eyes at my thoughts. I guess all those late night drama shows that I watched with Alice finally caught up with me. Once I found a pencil, I handed it to Noah with steadier hands.

"Thanks," He muttered.

"Mr. Flynn and Ms. Walker!" Mr. Michaels screamed as he slammed a ruler onto the nearest desk. I jumped slightly up in my seat.

"Care to share what you were discussing?" He asked, raising a thick eyebrow. Seriously? Couldn't he take a hint from the pencil I was handing him?

"He asked me for a pencil," I explained. He just shook his head.

"Do you expect me to believe that? Do you think I am stupid enough to believe that you two were discussing the wonders of pencils? Detention for both of you!" He said, slamming the ruler once again on his desk.

Seriously?

"Melodramatic much?" I muttered under my breath. I heard Noah chuckle next to me. Crap, did he hear me?

The rest of the period passed by in a blur and before I knew it, the bell was ringing. I sprang out of my seat and quickly gathered my stuff, wanting to escape as quickly as possible.

"Amber!" I heard Sydney call just before I was out the door. I turned to face her.

As I looked behind me, I caught a glimpse of Noah happily shoving his tongue down a girl's throat.

My stomach dropped. I admit, I had always had a tiny crush on him, but right then and there, I vowed that I was over him. He always had some girl clinging onto him inappropriately, and I was sick of it. I shook my head to clear all my thoughts and followed Sydney out of the room. I weaved in and out of people in the crowed hallway, trying to reach my locker.

As I finally got there, I discovered that someone had spray painted the word, "Loser" across the front of my locker. Lexi and her group were standing beside my locker, giggling and pointing. 

Well, they were certainly making an effort this year.

"Original," I commented, rolling my eyes. I spun my combination and yanked my locker open.

She scoffed and flipped her hair and tugged down her shirt, exposing more of her chest. Her bright pink shirt already hung so low it could be a skirt. Her own skirt was so short it honestly looked like she was wearing a belt.

"Lexi! Did you forget your skirt at home or something?" I said in mock horror.

"Maybe I did, but at least I'm getting more male attention in the past hour than you've had in the last three years!" She nearly shouted shrilly.

I rolled my eyes. "At least I don't need to strip for someone to notice me," I replied and shut my locker. I grabbed Sydney's hand, who was laughing her head off at Lexi's expression, and towed her to our next class.

Hey again! So i know this is super short but I have been promising my fans an upload. *cough cough* (ichase).

I will try to upload again daily and make them much longer :)

Please Vote/ Comment/ or fan if you liked it :D