Chapter 23

Amber’s POV

I crossed my legs over one another as I watched Noah strip out of his shirt. His tanned skin called out to me, urging me closer. I felt my face heat up at the thought of running my hands down every part of him. I was such a pervert!

He caught me looking and smirked as he climbed in next to me. The bed squeaked in protest as he put his entire weight onto it.

“You see anything you like?” He asked, leaning in so his face was inches from mine. My heart skipped beat as his eyes flickered down to my lips. His eyes fluttered shut as he leaned in for a kiss. He was going to kiss me, wasn’t he?!  What am I supposed to do, wait for him to close the distance or do it myself?

I was about to press my lips to his when I did the opposite, I shoved him away from me. He rolled over on the bed and stared at me in surprise. I swallowed.

I had just been about to kiss Noah Flynn! I realized with a shock that I did it every day! Soon enough it would lead into something more then I would just be the girl from last night whom he never speaks to again! I refuse to be that. I don’t want to be just another girl, it would ruin everything. And knowing Noah, he wouldn’t bat an eye before stealing my innocence. Nor would he when he broke my heart, just as Drake did to Alice.

I was suddenly angry, but the emotion faded away and was replaced with guilt as I caught a glimpse of Noah’s hurt expression. The feeling bore holes into me, making me uncomfortable.

I stood up and flipped off the lights and laid back into bed, taking the time to push the unwanted guilt away from me. I didn’t need to feel that for what I was about to say. I froze as I felt the bed dip beside me as he climbed in. The time before I had to tell him was getting shorter and shorter. Mere seconds until everything we had will probably be ruined. And it will be because of me. But I wouldn’t let that stop me.

I needed to say this.

Our relationship was so confusing! One day we’re kissing, the next we’re not. I even let him sleep in the same bed as me, since when do I do that? I sat up in bed, straightening out my borrowed shirt.

“Noah, can we talk about something?” I asked with an uncertain tone. I stared down at the bed sheets, trying to avoid eye contact. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen.

Noah sat up and cupped my face in his hands. My skin burned where he touched, surprisingly.

“Anything,” He said, referring to my earlier question. I blushed and tried to move away but he had a firm grip.

“It’s about our, um,” I stumbled over my words, trying to find the right ones.  I should have planned this out more! “Relationship.”

He stared at me in confusion and curiosity.

“I think we should stop kissing,” I said quickly before I could talk myself out of it. My face flamed  and I looked away from his piercing gaze.

“What do you mean?” He asked. I looked at him as I surprisingly heard the sad tone in his voice. Come on, I’m almost done.

“I want us to be friends, and nothing more,” I told him boldly. A hurt expression passed his face, but as quickly as it came, it was gone. It went so quickly I almost thought I imagined it. Almost.

“Okay,” Noah said, his expression and tone blank of emotion.

We sat there, a wall of tension surrounding us from all sides. I wanted to say something, but I didn’t know exactly what to do. I thought that maybe I should lie down and go to sleep, but I remained frozen in place. Noah had remained motionless the entire time.

This is what I thought would happen. He didn’t have any interest in me now that we were just friends. I bet as soon as we got to school he would bolt and never talk to me again. But maybe, just maybe, I could convince him to stay. The thought gave me hope.

“Noah,” I spoke softly. He kept his eyes fixed on the window, an unknown expression bubbling inside of them.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked. This made his head turn around slowly to look at me. He still had the same, strange expression but it was slowly fading away. He exhaled deeply.

“No, I’m not,” He told me, still not meeting my eyes. Well, I wasn’t expecting that.

“Then why aren’t you looking at me?” I asked, my voice almost a whisper. He sighed and finally, slowly brought his eyes to me. But he frowned seconds later, making me think I had just lost my last chance.

“What?” I asked self-consciously as he stared at me.

“Why did you scream?” He asked. I looked at him like he was crazy.

“I didn’t just scream,” I said amused. A slight smile hinted at the corners of his mouth but otherwise he kept a straight face.

“When I came back to your house, you were on the floor passed out. Why?” He questioned. Realization hit me as I blushed scarlet. I didn’t want to tell him that I had pretty much face palmed a wall!

“Amber?” He asked, obviously noticing my blush. I looked away.

“I, um, ran into a wall,” I mumbled. But when I thought he hadn’t understood me, Noah chuckled.

“That sounds so like you,” He said amused. I frowned as I slapped his chest playfully.

“Hey!” I protested his comment. He laughed again.

“Maybe the wall was feeling a little sad so I decided to give it a hug!” I countered. He raised an eyebrow.

“The fact that you wanted to give a wall a hug further concerns me about your mental health,” He said. This time, I laughed with him.

“Are you saying I’m mentally challenged?” I asked, narrowing my eyes teasingly. He chuckled again, not answering my question.

“Takes one to know one,” I said grinning. He pulled me into his chest, laying us down onto the bed. I felt his chest shake as he laughed. My smile widened. He just pretty much hugged me? Does that mean we could still be friends?

“Wait I can still sleep with you right? Friends sometimes do that?” He said suddenly. The amusing tone in his voice put another meaning behind his words. I nearly screamed in relief. He had just joked about that, telling me he wasn’t mad. And he said that we could be friends!

“Yes, you can sleep in my bed, if I say it’s okay,” I corrected. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

“Good night Amber,” He said. I smiled against his chest. I’m glad we could stay the same as we had always been.

“Good night Noah.”

Sorry for shortness! Vote limit: 33

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY :D Might help early upload if I start getting a vote or two on it. HINT, I JUST GAVE YOU A HINT 

Thank you to everyone who is reading this right now and sorry for the suckiness for this chapter, I just couldn’t get it to flow.

One more thing: do you like the actor I chose for Drew, or do you think it should be someone else?

Thanks for reading and please spare a vote/ comment / fan if you haven’t already :D