Chapter ①: Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous

Hey there, here's the EDITED version of this chapter. This book will soon be up for publication when i;m finished editing this story.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

___________________________________________

I’ve always knew I wanted to be famous since a small age. Being famous to me felt like you were invincible; like nobody could ever touch you. But truth be told, fame is harder than anything I had to endure so far in my life. Between the paparazzi snapping pictures of you all hours of the day and your fans screaming your name everywhere you go—it can be a hassle. But I asked for it and I worked hard to become an actress. Sure the haters are cruel and they magnify when you’re famous but I’ve learned to handle them. I just ignore any websites, TV shows, and magazines that could say bad things about me. But in the end you always hear what the public thinks about you.

            When I first started out, my stomach would twist every time there were horrid things written or said about me. Now, I just turn a cheek and brush it off. But a lot of the things written about me these days are how rude and standoffish I have become. And I agree. Before I was an actress I was the nicest person on the street, but now—not so much. I’m mostly this way because my boyfriend, Will Henderson—the heartthrob, brings it out of me. He’s an actor also and he’s an ass. Blunt statement, possibility, but it is true. I know I shouldn’t say that about my boyfriend but I cannot ignore it. He said it makes people scared of you but when I started to become bitchy I lost a lot of my younger fans. I felt bad and when I wasn’t bitchy Will would give me grief. Yes, I know what you’re thinking—why didn’t you just break up with him? Honestly, I have no clue why I didn’t. I guess because he gives me great publicity. The other reason is I love him, simple as that. Some people don’t see how I can stand by someone whose ego is bigger than his head, but I do anyway.  

            But as I stand in front of this mirror I can’t see the true me. I know that sounds pretty pathetic but whatever. My appearance is still the same: long brown curly hair that goes right below my chest, brown eyes, and tanned skin. But me on inside—yeah, that sure has changed.

            “Babe, come on!” Will yells from downstairs. “Are you ready yet? We are going to be late!”

            I sighed deeply and looked at myself once more before heading downstairs. I stay at Will’s most of the time. Mostly because my Aunt Kara usually gives me crap about how I changed and how bigheaded I have become. I saw Will in a tux and he looked as handsome as ever. I smiled as I saw him struggle with the tie. He never seems to get the hang of the tie. I walked up to him and took the tie out of his hands so I can put it on. “You really should learn how to put these on right,” I say as I knot the tie perfectly.

            “Why should I when I have you helping me?” he asked, looking down at me, giving me his million dollar smirk.

            My smile widened, “What if I’m not around forever?”

            Will shrugged, “I guess I’ll have to find someone else who can put a tie on right.”

            When I was finished with the tie I slapped his arm, “Nice to know I’m replaceable.”

            “Awe, babe,” Will wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me flush against him. “You will always be my number one.” He brought his lips down to mine and kissed me softly. “Now come on or we will be late for the charity event. I hate going to these things. Just people begging for money because they can’t find a way to earn it themselves.”