Chapter 24: The A Team

Sorry it has taken me awhile to uplaod! This weekend has been a looonnngggg one and i was exhasuted. I'm surrently sick, so if there are mistakes i'm sorry, and staying home so i decided to get this chapter done with.

BANNER MADE BY THE PERSON I DEDICATED!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-dgm1424

_________________________________________

NOT EDITED

I hold my phone to my ear in disbelieve. My own manager is telling me what I have to do. Who does he think he is? I’m his client and he needs to respect my time off. Actors take time off all the time! I can pass on those movies because I know I’ll have some when I come back into the industry. Then I realized I have to talk to Liam about this. We need to talk about when I do go back, if our relationship will work out. It pains me to think we may breakup when I go back to LA, but I can’t think about that now. “Why now?” I asked after a while. “The producers can find another actress. I’m sorry, but I’m not ready to come back just yet.”

      I heard him sighed heavily on the other line, “Layla, think professionally.”

      “I am!” I yell at him. “This is important to me and I beg you to understand.”

      “I understood you needed time Layla. But it’s been weeks!”

      I sighed and collapsed on the bed, “I’ll think about it. I’ll call you later.”

      I ended the call and threw my phone on the couch. I knew my job was going to call be back soon but not this soon! When everything was finally getting back to normal and where I’m happy. What was going too happened with my relationship? I can’t just leave Liam. Will he come to LA with me? Or will we break up? I don’t want to break up, that’s one thing I know for sure. I really need to think.

      I got up from the bed and wrote Liam a note saying how I’ll be back soon. I grabbed a coat and a scarf, put it on, and left before Liam could return from the bathroom.

      The chilled night air engulfed me as I walked out of the hotel. I wrapped my arms around my torso as I continued down the sidewalk. The lights of the city surrounded me as the loud beating of music from the club nearby. Couples or groups of friends walk by me, laughing and having a fun time. I smiled as I remember the fun time I’ve had with Liam, Gregg, and Kayla. When I’m with them or Liam for that matter, I’m myself. I don’t feel the need to impress anyone and I enjoy that.

      But then there’s my job. Acting. I’ve work almost my whole life to get where I am today. This is a tough industry and people would kill to be in my stop. But the thing is I don’t love acting like I once did. When I was younger, it was my dream. I admired those in the spotlight, but once I became someone it wasn’t as appealing to me. Personally, I’d rather be writing. I’d always had a passion for it but I never really had the time to pursue writing. Then the idea popped in my head! I’ll talk to Liam to see if he would like to go to LA with me for a short time before returning to the country where I can work on a novel. Acting is the past for me and I need to start looking toward the future and I see Liam in my future.

      Winter is slowly approaching. The city is already has their lights up for Christmas. I wander to the huge display of the Christmas tree. Before my parents died they took me here for my birthday. I always though the lights were enticing and drew people in. I sat a bench and drew my knees up to my chest. I rested my head on my knees and looked up at the tree. A smile spread across my lips as I remember my parents. They took me here when I was little because they understood how I enjoyed the bright lights of the city. My mom knew I would be hypnotized by the huge tree and the lights on it. I probably sat for hours just looking up at the tree. And then that Christmas they died.

      My smile faded as I remembered the memory. It was right when we got back from New York. The roads were slick and there was blizzard outside. I remember I was ranting on how New York was the best. My mom was laughing at my rant as my dad focused on the road ahead. Then the last thing I knew, we were skidding ahead. My mom’s screams and my father’s yelling for me to close my eyes caught my attention. I saw my dad trying to regain the starring wheel but that didn’t do much. But he did regain control of the car. As I let out a cry of fear a car hit us straight on. My seatbelt kept me in place but I did fly forward a little. A few of my ribs broke. I don’t really know what happened to my parents because I had my eyes closed.

      Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I wiped them away and buried my face in my knees. I miss my parents more than anything. I heard footsteps approach me. I turned and saw Liam. He had a coat on and his nose was slightly red from the cold. The smile crept back up on my lips. Like in the movies, I got up and ran to him. I needed my boyfriend right now. He had two coffee cups in his hands which I’m surprised anything is opened at this hour. I crashed into him, causing us to stumble back a few steps. I had my arms wrapped tightly around his neck as I buried my face in his neck. Just being near Liam had me feeling secure.  

      Liam wrapped his arms around me. “Are you okay?” he asked concerned.

      I nodded my head and wiped the rest of my tears away. I leaned back, “Just remembering when my parents took me here and how much I miss them. Then I remembered the crash…” I drifted off when Liam shushed me.

      He carried us over to the bench I was sitting on before he showed up. He let me take a seat before handing me a cup of coffee. I thanked him and snuggled into his chest when he sat down. Liam wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. “Do you want to talk about it?”

      So I did. I told him everything. I cried once again when I started talking about the accident but Liam comforted me through it. After I calmed down I asked, “So how did you know I was here?”

      “Kayla,” he answered. “Something about your note didn’t seem right so I wanted to come after you. She told me this is where I’d most likely find you.”

      He went after me, I thought as he told me. Will would’ve never did this. I looked up at him, “I chose you Liam.”

      He smiled, “Okay. Is that supposed to be some code thing in girl language?”

      I chuckled and shook my head, “No, I just wanted you to know that I’ll never leave you. I love you too much.”

      He smiled, “I’m honored Ms. Beckman. And I’ll never leave you…unless Angelia Jolie comes around.”

      I rolled my eyes and hit his chest, “Why does every guy have a thing for her? She has fish lips!”

      Liam burst out laughing before turning my face so our faces are inches apart. “You’re the one that I want Layla. The only one,” he whispered before he brought his lips down on mine. This is why I love this man! And this is why I’m sticking with him. Hollywood can wait.