Chapter 8: She's So Mean

Next chapter here. Thank you to all the people who are reading this. It means a lot.

REMEMBER TO: comment....vote & fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNER: the people who i dedicated made this lovely banner on the side. Thank you for taking the time to make me this!!!

-dgm1424

________________________________________________________

NOT REALLY EDITED

I spent the rest of the time in the barn talking to Molly. When we decided to walk back into the house Lois and Pam were there. I felt a sigh of relief but that went out the window when I saw Monica sitting at the dinner table. Thankfully Gregg was also here.

      “What is she doing here?” I asked Molly before we entered the kitchen.

      She sighed, “Mom’s a good person. Sadly we all have to suffer for it. For example, whenever they’re over she invites them to stay for dinner.”

      I nodded before entering the kitchen. Monica was sitting next to Liam and I saw her put her hand on his lap when I entered. I rolled my eyes but before I looked away I saw Liam push her hand away. I sat down beside Molly and Lois. I felt secure here but I had Monica right across from me.

      “Can you please switch with me? She’s killing me with her eyes,” I whisper into Molly’s ear.

      Molly laughed and covered her mouth so the dinner table won’t be able to see the food in her mouth. I leaned back and saw Monica glaring at me. I smiled sweetly at her before biting into the garlic bread.

      “How was your first day here Layla?” Pam asked.

      I looked at Monica and said, “Eventful.”

      “How so?” Pam asked.

      I shrugged, “Just a crazy person I ran into.”

      Molly snickered beside me and I saw Monica fuming. She was gripping her fork for dear life. I looked over at Liam and saw him looking at me in amusement.

      “Oh, Layla,” Lois said. “While it’s on my mind I was wondering if you wanted to help me with the towns fair tomorrow. I know you’re getting use to this but it will be a great way of getting to meet the people.”

      “I can show her around,” Molly mentioned.

      “She won’t do it because all she thinks about is herself. She doesn’t want to break a nail,” Monica spoke up.

      Before I could say anything Pam stepped in, “Monica, you are also a guest in this house so I expect you to be friendly to Layla. If you are not I will ask you to leave.”

      I smiled down at my plate—go Pam! But I decided to speak up anyway, “It’s okay Pam.” I looked at Monica, “All I was going to say was; you don’t know me. I will gladly help Lois and I could care less if I break a nail.”

      “Before another cat fight breaks out I would like to thank you, Layla. Molly will bring you by the fair tomorrow and I’ll tell you what you are going do to,” Lois said.

      I turned to her and smiled, “Oaky. And I’m here to work so put me to work tomorrow.”

      She patted my hand, “Oh honey, you have no idea.”