Next move: Part 2

Next move part 2 :)

He sighed.

"Let me ask you something. Who were your parents?" He asked.

She frowned.

"I don't know my parents; they were killed when I was a baby. I was adopted at the age of six. But its ok my adoptive parents were great." She said.

He nodded.

"Have you ever heard of the Nomad sons, and daughters?" He asked.

She looked at him skeptically.

"Of course, they are supposed to be half human half vampire Slayer. Some vampire slayer warrior in Scotland fathered the first after falling in love with a human girl." She said. "But what does horror stories have to do with me?"

He smiled.

"You're a Nomad daughter." He said quietly.

She looked at him in shock.

"That is just make believe! None of those legends are real!" She said.

He grinned.

"Actually they are, I am a Nomad." He said.

"Prove it!" She said.

He rolled his eyes and rolled up his sleeve reveling the same birthmark as hers. Her eyes lit up in horror and fascination.

"Oh my god! What is going to happen to me?" She asked.

He laughed.

"Nothing, it just means your special, and different." He said smiling.

"I'm a freak!" She said.

He frowned.

"Thanks." He said looking away.

He figured she would take the news better than that. She thought that being what she was made her a freak. So she must think he was a freak too. He didn't know why he cared so much, what did it matter what she thought. His job was to keep her safe, not be her friend.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just thought it was all, fake. So as one of these, nomad whatever's what is it that makes me special?" She asked.

He sighed.

"You are one of the rare women that can reproduce and mate with a Nomad." He said.

"So someone like you?" she asked.

He smiled.

"Yeah. But it's complicated. You have to find your right mate." He said.

"So, is Tyler like you?" She asked.

Carson nodded.

"So, he could be my...mate?" She asked.

He felt his anger rise to the surface. Not only because he didn't want to think of Tyler getting Riley. Also because it could be true, it was a possibility that Tyler and Riley were meant to be with one another. And if that was the case, he would have to stand by and let Tyler have her. That infuriated him even more.

"Yes." He said through gritted teeth.

"I see. Well, I doubt it, no offense but Tyler isn't my type." She said.

He relaxed a little.

"Well, you're not exactly his type either." He said.

She smiled.

"What is his type?" She asked.

"He likes brunettes, girls that are really girly. The kind of girl that need to be protected, someone who depends on him. It makes him feel strong." He said turning into the Air port parking lot.

"Well, what's your type?" She asked smiling.

"I like strong girls. Girls who are brave, not afraid to fight, stand up for them selves and people they love. A girl who was kind and caring and understanding, someone who would love me no matter what." He said looking her in the eyes.

She blushed and looked away. He pulled into a parking place and turned the car off. He wasn't sure where they could go; they needed to get out of the country. At least they would have the advantage then. He was going to have to go home. He was going to face his family. He sighed and got out of the car. He walked over to the other side of the car and opened the door. He threw his coat on Riley's lap.

"Here put this on, button it up. I need to go buy the tickets and I don't want to leave you alone." Carson said.

Riley did as she was told. She followed Carson through the parking lot and into the big glass doors. Carson grabbed Riley's hand.

"I don't want us getting separated." He justified.

She nodded.

The Air Port was very crowded. There were people everywhere; people were standing by a huge steel turning table, waiting to pick up their bags. There were people seated in the rows and rows of blue chairs. There were long lines to buy tickets. Carson looked around, he knew he could easily lose Riley in the crowd. But it was safer if she didn't know where they were going. He sighed.

"Go to the bathroom. It will be a long plane ride. Don't come out until I come for you. Lock the door, understand?" he said looking in her eyes.

She swallowed and nodded.

Once he was alone he picked one of the long lines. All he could do now is wait; hopefully Tyler would get here soon with some real clothes for Riley. He wondered what his dad would say to him. Would his dad be happy to see him, or would he be disappointed and disown Carson? He also wondered about his mother, what would she say? Would she still love him? Then he thought about the Enforcers, was there anyway that he could contact them explain everything. Would they take Tyler and him back? Most importantly, he thought about Riley. How could he keep her safe? He just hoped that he could find a way out for her; he wanted her out of this mess.