Epilogue

Epilogue:

POV: Riley

It had been six month today. Six months since Carson ceased to exist in my world. Six months since the dream I had. I hadn't had anymore dreams since then. It had only been two months since the smell of him faded from my sheets, and two months since I had slept a full night. I stood at the mirror, I looked at the bags under my eyes. I looked at the reflection of myself, I had lost weight the evidence in my cheeks, and I looked like I hadn't been out in the sunlight in weeks. I suppose that would be, because I hadn't. I couldn't sleep or eat or even think without Carson being involved.

Today was different though, today Ari was forcing me to walk around the estate with her, since I had yet to really see it. Today I was forced to go around people and pretend I wasn't dead inside. Fake a smile and pretend everything was going to be okay. I pulled on the white sundress that Ari picked out. It fit tight against my upper body and tied around my neck, and flowed down from my waist to just under my knee. She paired it with a pair of white wedges. It was the first time I had gotten dressed in what seemed like weeks. I usually just stayed in my room and cried, the only clothes I wore were Carson's shirts, which I had just ran out of. I refused to let the maid take them to the wash. They were the closest thing I had to touching him.

I was sitting In front the mirror as she pulled my hair in a pony tale, and made a single spiral curl, out of all the pulled back hair. She smiled her full lips painted red. I faked a smile back and nodded. She tried to take off Carson's dog tags off my neck, I gripped them tight and shot a glare at her. She nodded knowingly and smiled a sad smile.

“It will be fun.” She said putting on my make up.

I nodded.

Once I was ready she pulled me along with her around the the manor. All the maids bowed their heads to me like I was royalty. I still was wondering when Carson's parents were going to kick me out for killing their son. I'm sure they were busy grieving but once they had a chance to clear their minds, they would kick me out. Then I would have nothing.

We stepped outside, it was an abnormally sunny morning, for Ireland. I was growing accustom to the rain and dark skies, because truth be told it went with my mood. I inhaled deep, the fresh air smelled so good. Ari lead me down a stone path, to a garden. She pushed opened the huge black gate. It groaned.

She smiled and let go of my hand as I stepped inside. I looked around it was all so beautiful, there were flowers everywhere of every type and color, there were ferns, huge bushes of berries. So many trees, weeping willows by a huge concrete fountain, water was trickling into the fountain bed. A smile touched my lips as a butterfly gently landed on the hem of my dress before fluttering off.

Aidan walked up with a huge grin on his face.

“Good morning ladies, may I accompany you in the lovely adventure?” Aidan asked.

Ari rolled her beautiful eyes.

“Whatever.” she said and walked ahead.

Aidan winked at me and followed behind her like a puppy.

I tagged behind them. I could already tell they were arguing again, I tried to listen in.

“What!? All I did was say you looked pretty today!” Aidan said defensively.

Ari scowled.

“That would be implying I don't look pretty everyday! What a dick move!” she said stomping her foot.

Over the past six months, Aidan had finally realized that Ari was his mate. Of course she was unwilling to admit it so Aidan has been trying to woo her, and she isn't having it. When ever he tries to be sweet or show her any affection she shuts him down, and it blows up into a fight. They were constantly bickering. Even though, I wish I could at least have the bickering back with my mate.