Chapter 20: Breathing.

Extreamly short chapter. I apologize I had alot going on this week and even more this weekend. I should upload another one tomorrow tho. This chapter is dedicated Ingrid Michaelson who is the signer of Keep Breathing. This chapter is dedicated to that song, beacause i heard it on the radio and fell in love with it. I decided to use that song for this chapter. Warning: intimate scene just skip over if you are easily offended by them

Chapter 20: Breathing.

POV: Carson.

 I snuck into Riley’s bedroom. I wasn’t going to be able to see her until the party. I was starting to get a little restless. It had been two days since I’d seen her. I pulled the necklace out of my pocket and set it on the desk with a note. I knew the party was going to be a masquerade so I would be able to tell her apart from the other people by the necklace. I pulled out the ring in my pocket. I couldn’t wait to make Riley my wife. I knew it was just a human notion, but I still wanted to do it! I would be tied to Riley everyway I could think of. I smiled to myself and walked out of the room.

I walked down stairs to see Tyler waiting for me.

“What’s up dude?” I asked.

He just shrugged.

“Did you know Riley went to a club with Arianna?” He asked a smile tugging at his lips.

I looked at him confused.

“How would you know that?” I asked.

That wasn’t like Riley to just run off like that. Especially to some club where there was all kinds of horny drunk humans. And what was Arianna’s deal!

“Well, a very drunk Riley just walked through the door with some red headed guy.” He said crossing his arms.

Realization had hit me. I growled.

“Aidan!!!” I ran up the stairs.

“They are in Arianna’s room.” Tyler yelled after me.

I ran at vampire speed to the door. Aidan was walking out just as I touched the door knob. I growled, I was going to kill him!

“Where is she!” I asked.

He looked at me a scoffed.

“She is in there passed out with that other girl” He said trying to push past me.

I pushed him into the wall hard. He growled and crouched showing his fangs.

“Don’t touch me.” He growled.

I scoffed.

“Do you actually thing you stand a chance against me?” I said chuckling.

He stood straight and tense brushing off his clothes.

“I wouldn’t touch you.” He sneered.

I tilted my head to the side.

“Why?” I asked.

He shrugged.

“Because Riley loves you, it would hurt her. I love her enough to put my petty temper aside.” He said.

“Don’t you ever touch her!” I growled.

His jaw tightened.

“Carson, I will never leave her. It may be a year from now or ten but I will have her.” He said and pushed by me.

I let him pass this time.

I quietly opened the door to see Riley tucked in her bed. The moon was shining in her hair and her face looked tense and her eye brows were pushed together. She was muttering something in her sleep.