Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Picture Perfect.

"Yeah. I got it." Carson said cutting the picture out of the strip very carefully.

"How do you do that?" Riley asked, watching him curiously.

He smiled.

"I'll show you sometime." He said sealing the picture on the passport.

"All done!" he said inspecting his work.

"Just in time too." Tyler said pulling into the airport.

Carson grinned.

"Damn I'm good" he said.

Riley rolled her eyes and got out of the car when it stopped.

They all walked through the airport together they only had two bags to check in. Luckily they got through it pretty quickly. Finally they were at the ticket station. Riley handed them her new and fake passport. She looked at the grumpy old guy who was stamping people through. They all held their breath as he opened the passport cover.

"So Ireland huh?" The grayed hair man asked.

His voice sounded like it was slowly fading with time. Like the way paint slowly fades from a car with time. He looked so fragile. The way his deep wrinkles pressed into his skin and the way his brown eyes looked glassy. Riley could tell he had a hard life. She had a feeling he was in some sort of Special Forces, from the small tattoo on his wrist that had the word. "Together We Stand" on it. She sucked in a slow breath and closed her eyes.

"yeah, need a change of scenery for a while, ya know?" she said trying to seem casual.

A smile touched the old mans lips.

"I know what you mean." He said studying the passport and looking up at the girl.

"This passport seems new, are you a first time flyer?" He asked, he seemed amused.

"Actually, yes" Riley stated with a smile, like she got the joke.

"Oh boy, Art is going to have a trip with you!" He said chuckling. His laugh sounded more like a cackle.

Riley laughed too.

"You asked if I was a first time flyer not if it was my first time in a airplane. I'm just usually the one flying them." She said with a grin.

The old man looked impressed.

"My dad was in the air force and owns his own air touring business in Colorado." She said smiling at the memory.

"Well young lady, you sure earned my respect, what's your dad's name if I can ask?" he asked politely.

"Virgil Starr." She said proudly.

He grinned.

"He flew for Air Force sector 3?" he asked again.

Riley nodded swiftly.

He grinned and stamped all three passports.

"Miss Starr, make sure next time you take the time to get a real passport." He said smiling wisely. Taking their tickets he upgraded them to first class.

Tyler and Carson's mouths gaped open. They for once in their lives were shocked. But Riley just nodded confidently.

They walked toward the plane gate. Carson chuckled.

"You never cease to amaze me Riley." He said.

She giggled.

"You were amazing back there. Do you charm everyone like that?" Tyler asked.