He's Famous and my Arrange Husband To Be. (26)

I sat on the couch, and it felt good to be back in the familiar surroundings of my house. The couch smelled like home, and everything just looked right. I didn't know how much I missed this place until I was at the door step at three in the morning, with the door locked. My Mom with sleepy eyes answered the door in her house coat, the paparazzi no where in sight- they are cleared out by nine. She looked surprised to see me.

"Addie? Addie honey?" She blinked, but before I could give her enough warning I forced myself into her unexpected arms, immediately they caved in around me. "Oh baby, what's wrong?" I couldn't answer, I was too busy swallowing back tears and breathing in her beautiful, mother like that no one else in the world could ever smell like. It was the perfect blend of baking over the years, and a combination of Love Spell, Sunflowers and Obsession. I wrapped my arms around her, and help on for dear life, never wanting her to let me go.

With her Mother-like intuition, it was like she could tell I really needed this and didn't rush the hug. She rocked me from side to side as I cried, until she pulled away slowly to look at me.

"My poor Addie... what in the world happened?" She asked, in her sweet Mother-like voice, and I was just realizing how dearly I missed her. I was breathing in hoarse breaths as she guided me to the table to sit down.

"I-I." I took a deep breath. "I broke up with him... I had to." I cried and my Mom looked at me incredulously. "I couldn't handle it, I missed being home. I missed seeing you every day, and helping out around the house. I couldn't handle being on TV, and being in the spot light. I couldn't and I can't. Please, please don't make me go back." I begged, even though in the back of my mind all I knew that could help me cure this heart wrenching feeling was the feel of Bane's arms around me. But he was states away, and probably couldn't stand the thought of me.

"You just left?" My Mom asked, and I bit my lip and nodded. "Oh... Okay." She nodded. "I would never force you to go back there, to be honest I didn't like the people outside all the time anyway." She laughed humorlessly, but suddenly there was a thunder coming from the stairs.

Immediately my father, Alex and Jace were in the dinning room in nothing but boxers, baggy t-shirts and overly large boots. They only looked appropriate on my Father, but if it was any other circumstance I would have laughed.

"Alright, where is that little pansy boy? I told him, I TOLD HIM how many acres we owned and how we wouldn't hesitate!" My Dad said, his face getting redder with each world as he left the dinning room to go to the living room for the gun rack that was placed in there. I shot my Mom a terrified look, knowing my Dad really wouldn't hesitate to kill someone for me and she jumped up even in her sleepy stooper and rushed after him. My brothers looked just as dangerous.

"What happened?" Jace demanded and I frowned. "What did he mess up?!"

"Nothing..." I whispered. "I messed it up." I sunk lower into my seat, and both my brothers looked at me sadly. "I just missed this all too much to stay there." I answered the unspoken question and my brothers nodded, giving my sympathetic looks.

That was the first night here, and I was now on my seventh. By tomorrow I will have missed my own wedding date. I refused to turn the TV on, the fear of being on it was too much for me to even bother to find something on. My family wouldn't let me help out around the ranch because they claimed I looked too sad to. If I knew that was the way to sleep in the days I wanted to while growing up I would have claimed to be depressed.

I missed Bane more than I thought possible. What hurt more was thinking that it was my fault this space was between us. I wished now that I had thought through this more. Why did I just run out like that?