One Hundred Eleven & One Hundred Twelve

PART ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN

*Jess’ POV*

“I couldn’t wait any longer,” Aston started, his eyes twinkling from the fairy lights as a small smile played on his lips.

“I knew you were up to something!” I smiled.

“Caught me,” he grinned, “But I caught you too, because you definitely weren’t expecting this.”

“No, I thought it would be at the spa.”

Aston grinned at me as I said this, clearly pleased to have at least sort of surprised me; the spa thing was probably an intentional wind up. “You want me to do this now?”

“Well… we’re here.”

He smiled gently as his fingers played with my own for a second. My heart was racing out of control, my vision going slightly blurry as the anxiety of the moment arrived.

I watched on as Aston dropped down on one knee, slowly pulling a small velvet box out of his pocket. It was almost torturous how slow he was going, I wasn’t sure if it was because I was living the moment in slow motion or if it was because he was doing it on purpose.

“Jessica Rego,” he said slowly, “I’m not gonna lie, when I first met you three and a half years ago… I did not think we’d end up together. At all.”

“No,” I whispered with a giggle.

“We were polar opposites and we were first only together because it made our lives just that little bit easier. No feelings.”

“Zero.”

“But oh how things changed,” Aston grinned. I could feel the tears threatening to fall, he was so right. “I think we’ve brought out the best and the worst in each other over the last few years. Questioning each others faults and figuring out a way to fix the bad to make it good.”

I nodded my head as he said all this, taking a deep breath. He knew what he was saying, about how I’d been so adamant to never fall in love. And about how he didn’t want to be tied down. Just look where we were now.

“We were the best possible thing to happen to each other,” Aston said quietly, “And I want the world to know just how important you are to me. I can’t let you go, ever. I love you more than I ever thought possible.”

“Me too,” I smiled, the tears falling freely now.

“Jessica Rego,” Aston said with the most heart-melting smile I’d ever seen, “Will you marry me?”

I watched as he flicked the black velvet box open and held the ring for me to see.

Without even glancing at it I began to nod my head quickly, willing my voice to work. “Yes,” I croaked out. “Yes, I’ll marry you.”

I heard Aston sigh a huge breath of relief, and then he jumped up from his kneeled position and wrapped me in his arms. Quickly I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head into his shoulder as I burst into tears.

“Aww babe,” Aston soothed, his hand stroking down my back.

“I love you so much,” I cried, pulling away so I could look into his eyes. “I never ever ever thought I would get here, but you bring out the soppy, romantic side of me like no one else ever could.”

With a faint smile, Aston released me with one hand and brought it to my cheek, pulling me in for a scorching kiss. I could feel my senses explode at his touch, my heart literally melting.

“Let me slide this on your finger,” Aston whispered after he’d pulled away, the ring box still in his hand. I released my left hand from around his neck as he took the ring from its cushion. Gently Aston took my hand in his own and slid the ring up the appropriate finger, pulling my hand to his lips so he could kiss the ring gently.