One Hundred Nineteen & One Hundred Twenty

PART ONE HUNDRED NINETEEN

*Jess’ POV*

“Just ignore him,” Aston told me.

“How can I? Those gross watery eyes are so unnerving.”

“Well I won’t let him harm you,” Aston said calmly. I could tell he was just as annoyed as I was about the whole run in. After everything that had happened, now years earlier, I thought we’d never see George again. He’d fallen out of the circle that we revolved in, and to be honest I was pretty sure he’d left town.

“Still…”

“Why don’t we leave then?” Aston asked.

“I’m not letting him drive us away from what has otherwise been a good night.”

“So then ignore him,” Aston said.

“I can’t!” I whined.

“What do you want me to do then?” he asked, exasperated at my inability to make a decision.

“Nothing!” I said twisting around again so George couldn’t try to catch my eye.

“Well you’ve got to tell me because he’s coming over here.”

“Oh god this is so déjà vu now!” I said. I couldn’t help but laugh a bit, “Remember?”

“Yeah,” Aston grinned, “First kiss.”

“What a horrible first kiss!” I exclaimed, replaying the moment in my head when I’d made Aston kiss me to get George to leave us alone. That was the action that started everything…

“I didn’t mind it,” he winked. I rolled my eyes at him, refusing to let go of my arms around his neck even though I knew the George was standing right behind me.

“Well look who it is…” the posh voice drawled, my skin crawling.

“Hi George,” Aston said lightly, his hands around my waist tightly.

“Jessica,” George intoned, ignoring Aston.

“Oh hi,” I said, turning and dropping my hand to Aston’s shoulder, hoping that George got a great view of my engagement ring. I couldn’t help myself, even if it was a bit mean.

“Aston do you mind if I cut in?”

“Actually, I was just going to go get a drink,” I said, “My feet hurt from dancing.”

George narrowed his eyes at me as Aston released me, taking my arm lightly in his hand to help me towards the bar.

I started off, Aston hot on my heels and George trailing behind him. I knew it would be too easy to just flee the dance floor and get rid of him, but it was better than being forced to dance.

“I wanted to speak to you!” George said as I sat down at our table, my back to him.

“I do recall telling you to never speak to me again. I think Aston was even there as witness.”

“Five minutes?” George asked.

“One.”

“Three,” he bargained.

I looked at Aston who shrugged his shoulders at me and then heaved a deep sigh. “Fine.”

“He needs to go,” George said, nodding towards Aston.

“No, whatever you say to me can be said in front of him too.” I watched George gulp and then pull out a chair and sit down, consenting to this agreement.