One Hundred Twenty-Nine & One Hundred Thirty

PART ONE HUNDRED TWENTY NINE

*Jess’ POV*

“Maybe I should go down there and see if the boys need help,” I said to Marnie for the third time.

“Jess, I promise that they don’t.”

“But…”

“Aston said he has things 100% under control,” she stated.

“I know but…”

“Jess, just relax,” Marnie said sharply, “Just let him do this!”

“Ok ok!” I said, defeated.

Just about every female who’d been staying at the house was crammed into my bedroom, the lot of us sipping glasses of champagne while the boys toiled away downstairs. Most of the girls had been kicked out by their boyfriends or husbands and had taken refuge with me, while others had been summoned up by Marnie specifically to help get me ready.

“Right, now we need to worry about getting you ready to walk down the aisle.”

“If there is an aisle,” I mumbled.

“JESS!” about five people shouted.

“Sorry!” I said, my hands in the air, “There will be an aisle, I know I know.”

“Seriously girl, you need to learn to let someone else take control!” Marnie laughed, going to dig through her things again in an effort to get started.

Over the next hour I was treated to some rather luxurious pampering from the girls, my nails taken care of by Monica as Marnie got to work on my hair.

“Leave it down,” I told her, as she dried it.

“Shall I pull a straightener through it?”

“Sure,” I said, “It can be a bit too wavy. Maybe put a few gentle curls in it once it’s straight?”

I sat back as Marnie did what I told her, my body relaxing slightly as I became distracted with getting ready. My hair was soon finished and the girls got to work on my makeup, and then the jewelry was pulled out.

The other girls filtered in and out of my room over the course of the morning as they got themselves ready for the day. I was impressed to see quite a few gorgeous dresses, and when it was finally time to get into my own I was ushered into the en suite with my mother and Marnie.

“This dress is so exquisite,” my mother sighed as she unzipped the garment bag.

“I’m a little bit in love with it,” I smiled, stepping into the gown. The silk fit me like a glove and the lace accentuated all the right places.

Marnie did up the buttons on the back as my mother checked over my front, making sure all of the lace detailing was in place.

“Gorgeous,” my Mum sighed as she stood before me.

“Thanks Mummy,” I whispered.

“I’m so happy for you Jessica,” she said, a tear in her eye.

“Don’t cry or I’ll cry!” I laughed.

“Don’t you dare cry!” Marnie exclaimed loudly, doing up the last few buttons. “There done.”

“Thanks,” I said, turning and giving her an awkward hug.

“I love you Sissy,” she said with a grin.

I left Marnie in the en suite to get into her own dress as my mother clipped my veil into place. Most of the girls had filtered out at this point, only my bridesmaids remaining.