One Hundred Thirteen & One Hundred Fourteen

PART ONE HUNDRED THIRTEEN

*Jess' POV*

“Just call her,” Aston said as we sat at the dinning table after dinner.

“What if she’s somewhere public?”

“Let me call her.”

“What?” I asked.

“Give me your phone.”

“Fine.”

I watched on as Aston dialed Marnie’s number a smirk on his face as she answered the phone.

“No it’s Aston,” he said slowly. “Jess is fine… She needs to tell you something… Where are you though?... Ok… She will, but I need you to promise me something first.” It was silent for a second, “Please do not scream. Please do not shout. Please don’t say anything to anyone.” His voice was stern and forceful, hopefully she’d listen.

“Ok here she is,” Aston said, passing the phone to me.

“Sissy what the hell is going on?” Marnie asked.

“Where are you?”

“Home.”

“And your flatmates?”

“In the kitchen, I’m in my room. Oh my god tell me!!!” she squealed.

“Please be calm,” I said.

“Well you’re doing a good job of getting me hyped up.”

“Marnie…” I warned.

“Spit it out!” she said in an excited whisper. I looked up at Aston who had a funny look on his face. It was a cross between excitement and worry, it made me laugh out loud. “Sissy!!”

“Sorry,” I laughed, “Aston looks ridiculous right now.”

“I’m going to get a cab and shake this out of you pretty soon,” Marnie said.

“Ok ok! Aston and I are getting married.”

I heard a loud howl that sounded like a dying animal. I wasn’t quite sure what the noise was, but it was kind of scary.

“MARNIE!” I shouted.

“Sorry!” she said back in her excited whisper. “Oh my god!! How is the ring?”

“Beautiful,” I said snatching another glance at it, “Ok you need to hold in your screams again.”

Aston gave me a funny look as I said this, wondering what else I could say.

“Sissy!!”

“You’ll be my maid of honor yeah?” I asked her.

The line went silent for a minute, I wasn’t sure what was going on but I really hoped Marnie hadn’t fainted.

“Ast we should have told her in person,” I muttered.

“I’m here,” Marnie said in a small voice.

“Oh.”

“Jess you know I’d love to be your maid of honor.” I was positive when she said this that the silence had been because she’d burst into tears and held the phone away from her.

“Thanks,” I said, “Come round tomorrow night. I’ll cook and we can have a nice girly chat about everything.”

“Yes please. I need to see this ring!” Marnie said.

“Just Marn… Please please don’t tell anyone yet.”

“I promise I won’t!” she said.

We talked for another minute and then I hung up the phone, staring across at Aston who couldn’t keep the laughter down.