Seventy-Nine & Eighty

PART SEVENTY NINE

*Jess’ POV*

“What?” I asked, shocked to the core. I’d almost talked myself out of actually getting this place while I was sitting in my office over the course of the afternoon. It was just too easy to find a place that suited the pair of us it seemed! 

“We’ve got it babe!” Aston grinned jumping up from his seat and coming around to give me a sloppy kiss and a hug, his phone still in his hand.

“I can’t believe it.”

“Well you better,” he grinned.

“Now Aston and Jessica,” the estate agent said, “You’ll need to come put a deposit down and sign a bunch of forms. They’re going to do a background check on you two just to be careful, but it’s basically yours.”

“Wow, that’s great!” Aston grinned, “When do they want us to come in.”

“If you’re around tonight you could do it, or we can schedule something later this week.”

“Jess?” Aston asked me.

“Tonight,” I shrugged, “I’ve got loads of meetings later this week so we might as well just get this out of the way while we're both in town.”

“Brilliant,” our agent said, fixing a time with us and then hanging up.

“I can’t believe that,” I said, “It was too easy.”

“I guess it was fate,” Aston said, slipping back into his seat. I left him to play on his phone for another half an hour while I finished up some emails, and then the pair of us left the office to go sign for our new home.

“We should go for a celebratory meal tonight,” Aston said as he started up his car.

“That would be fun. Where?”

“Don’t care, you pick.”

I thought through our options, thinking about what restaurants were in the area that I could give a quick call to get a table.

“Pizza?” I asked Aston.

“You want pizza?” he laughed, “I say celebratory dinner and you pick pizza? What are we a ten year old football team?”

“Well what do you mean by celebratory dinner? I’m just trying to think of what I want to eat.”

“I was thinking something fancier,” Aston laughed. 

I gave him a frown, “I want pizza. I’m not going to order Pizza Hut or something! I was thinking of that stone oven place down by my old place.”

“Oh, that works.”

“See, I’m being sort of classy Ast!” I laughed, “God did you really think I was going to order a Pizza Hut?”

“Well…” 

“Stop.”

We pulled up at the complex, my eyes scanning around me as we did so. This was going to be my home. It was so surreal. Aston parked in a side lot and we wandered up to the office together, ready to get this signed for and sorted.

It took about an hour, but after we were done we were handed our keys and told we could move in from March 10. That gave us a good two weeks to sort out moving our things and purchasing anything we wanted new.

“Jess, I already know you are itching to be in control of the move,” Aston said over our celebratory meal, “So I’m putting you in charge.”