One Hundred Twenty-Three & One Hundred Twenty-Four

PART ONE HUNDRED TWENTY THREE

*Jess’ POV*

“Please don’t die,” I told Aston for the fifteenth time as he checked over his belongings. It was two weekends before the wedding and he was off to some mystery location with a handful of friends for his stag do. It was a Friday evening, Aston was back Monday morning for work stuff, and I was left all alone to fend for myself for the entire weekend. Fab.

“I promise I won’t,” he said.

“You say that, but I can’t be sure,” I worried.

“Jess,” Aston said, putting his hands on my shoulders. “I promise I’ll be at the wedding in one piece.”

“You better be back here in three days in one piece!” I said with a frown.

“You know what I mean.”

“Still…” I sighed, shrinking out of his grip, “I worry when it comes to those guys. I have no idea what trouble you’ll get up to!”

“I’ll be fine,” Aston said, “Now, what are you going to do this weekend?”

“Just go over things one more time,” I shrugged, “Relax a bit. Maybe call up Marnie or my brother or something.”

“You don’t need to go over things again,” Aston said, “The wedding is all ready to go.”

“I just want to make sure.”

“Control freak!” he laughed, hugging me tight as his phone started buzzing indicating that the boys had arrived to come get him and take him away for the weekend.

“Have fun,” I said, walking with him to the door and seeing him out, “But behave!”

“Love you too babe,” he grinned, ignoring my statement and kissing me fiercely before pushing his way out of the house.

“Love you…” I sighed to myself, wandering into the empty house and finding the binder with all of the wedding documents in it.

I’d done my best not to be a total bridezilla, but I was totally organized when it came to the wedding. I had everything sorted as early as possible, dresses, flowers, food… Everything. But I still had this bad feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong and I wanted to have a leg up on it when it did. It was just how I worked, always a step ahead.

The front door buzzed about thirty minutes into my review of all the documents, confusing the hell out of me. I let the visitor up, shocked to see Marnie with a huge overnight bag on one shoulder, a full shopping bag in her hand, and a wicked smile on her face.

“What’s going on?” I asked her with narrowed eyes.

“Weekend Slumber Party!” she declared.

“What?” I stuttered, letting her push her way into the house.

“Aston is away so the girls can play!” she responded with a big smile, “He can’t have all the fun!”

“Oh god…” I sighed. I knew Marnie had something up her sleeve, but I wasn’t really prepared for this. An invasion of my house? “What does Weekend Slumber Party entail exactly?”

“Tonight, just us,” Marnie grinned, “Tomorrow night… maybe we’ll add some friends and go out.”

“I can’t say no can I?” I asked, watching Marnie dump all sorts of random things on the kitchen counter.

“You’ve missed living with me really,” she said, ignoring my question.

“Well…” I started.