Eighty-Seven & Eighty-Eight

PART EIGHTY SEVEN

*Jess’ POV*

“Hi Monica,” I said when I got into the office.

“Hi!” she said fervently.

“What?”

“What do you mean, what?” she asked awkwardly.

“That ‘Hi!’ was far too chipper. What’s going on?” I asked suspiciously.

“So I know you told me to stop showing you the papers when you’re in them,” she said, “But it was the cover story…”

“Cover story?” I asked, wandering over to her desk. It was true that I’d told her to stop showing me the papers. It was all rubbish anyways, so why bother? But the cover was sort of a different story, all sorts of people would see it in passing, not even having to open it up.

“It says you and Aston split up.”

“Ha! Does it?” I laughed, “Give it here.”

She passed me the paper and I scanned through it. They essentially insinuated that since we were at different events the night before we were no longer together. Aston leaving the club alone in the early hours of the morning a sign that he was drinking away his sorrows!

“So its not true?” Monica asked me.

“Of course its not!” I said, dropping the paper on her desk. “Sometimes people just have to do different things. Its not like we’re joint at the hip! And anyways…”

“What?” Monica asked.

“No, never mind,” I smirked, wandering back to my office.

Monica was hot on my heels though, “What were you going to say?” she asked quickly.

“It’s inappropriate for the workplace.”

“Oh shush,” Monica said, pushing my office door shut, “Tell me!”

“I was just going to say, if Aston and I are not together than who the hell gave me this love bite last night?” I asked, pulling my dress down slightly so she could see the mark.

“Cheeky!” Monica laughed.

“I’ll say… He showed up at the house drunk at like 3am and climbed into the bed. Mind you I thought he was staying at the band’s hotel last night so it scared the life out of me.”

“Oh god!”

“I told his band mates so I’m sure he’ll get harassed about that one for the rest of their Tour.”

“I kind of think it’s sweet he wanted to see you,” Monica said with a faint smile, “Anyways, I’ll let you get to it. Conference room is already for your meeting.”

“Thanks,” I replied.

I waded my way through the stack of paperwork I had to do, heading over to the conference room for a few meetings over the course of the day. It was maybe the longest day ever, probably because I was looking forward to heading to see the boys that night. Aston had sorted a box for his family and some friends, and I’d invited along a few people too. We were planning on going out for a bit after, and then I was going to stay at Aston’s hotel with him, unless I could talk him into heading back to the house again! All in all it was shaping up to be a good night.

Finally I made it to 5pm, packing my things up and practically running out of the office. Normally I was never this excited to leave, but I was in that Friday mood and I needed to let loose a bit.