CHAPTER 37: Her Fiancé

Vens’ POV

“What are you doing here?!” Sabay sabay naming tanong nina Craise at Geenee.

“I’m here to attend a birthday party.” She said and I furrowed my brows. I don’t remember that I invite her or… them… alam ba nilang birthday ko ngayon? Pero kung oo… paano nila nalaman na dito gaganapin?

I looked at Craise and she just shook her head.

“Kayo, anong ginagawa niyo dito? Even Lester is here. I’m sure andito rin ang barkada niya. Kilala niyo ba yung magbibirthday?” Tanong niya. I and Craise both looked at each other and we both eyed at her.

“She’s the birthday celebrant… and her twin.” Craise said and Geen’s eyes got widen.

“You… you’re the celebrant?!” I cover her mouth dahil ang lakas ng boses niya. Hinatak ko sila ni Craise sa mas tago pang lugar.

“I think this is the time for you to know… Geen… I don’t understand why you’re all here. I never invited you here. Hindi naman sa ayaw ko kayong imbitahin but…. This night… all people here that you can see were big persons. They are known and some are influential. Kaya nagtataka ako kung bakit nandito ka… Hindi ka mapupunta dito kung hindi kabilang ang pamilya niyo sa mga kilalang tao.” I said and sighed.

“If they are known, ibig bang sabihin, pati kayo? Sabihin niyo nga, sino ba talaga kayo? Kayo ba talaga ang mga kaibigan ko? I don’t understand. Naguguluhan ako.” She said. I was about to answer when the Dad got on the stage and all crowd remains on their place.

“Later Geen… you’ll know… sa ngayon, pumunta ka muna doon dahil kailangan na ako.” I said and look at Craise.

“Ikaw ng bahala sa kanya.” She nod at agad akong umalis at nagtungo sa backstage.

“Where have you been? Kanina ka pa namin hinahanap.” Mom asked worriedly.

“Nakipag-usap lang po sa mga kaibigan ko.” I said and we both got up and get ready for the call.

“Thanks for coming here in this special occasion. I know that every one of you know that this is my daughters’ birthday party but I would like to announce to you too that this night, will also be the greatest night for one of my daughters who would be engaged to her fiancé. May I call on stage Mr. Reyes, my friend?” Nagpalakpakan naman ang mga bisita. I don’t know why I’m feeling nervous. As if something will going to happen.