CHAPTER 36.4: Dinner with family

Vens’ POV

“I’m sorry guiz but… you can’t come here. My parents will arrive later and I don’t want you to see how complicated my family is. I want to bear this by my own. Thanks for your support and don’t worry magkwekwento ako. Sige na, I have to go, maghahanda pa ako. Bye” I heard them all said goodbye to me and Drache even said I love you before the line end.

“I love you too… Drache.” I said knowing that he can’t hear it. I heaved a sigh.

I need to face my parents later. And worst… our family will be complete after five long years. I hate this. I really hate this. What would you expect me? Be happy and laugh and welcome them with glee and smiled at them and act like nothing happened for the whole 5 good d*mn years?!

WOW! Should I say ‘Welcome home my dear parents… How was your life without me? I bet you’re all happy.’ Or should I say ‘I miss you Mom! I miss you Dad! Did you miss me?’ SH*T!

Halos katatapos ko lang magbihis at mag-ayos. Just because my beloved parents will be back, I need to act and dress presentably. Wearing this dress is like I’m facing or going to a dinner or important event. I’m just going to meet my parents and have a dinner with my family. Is that important?

Napatingin nalang ako sa pinto ng biglang may kumatok at nakita kong sumilip si Yaya.

“Hija, andiyan na sila.” She said and I felt a little bit nervous. I smiled at her and nod.

“Sige Ya, sunod na po ako.” Tumango lang siya at muling isinara ang pinto ko. Tumingin ako sa salamin at ngumiti.

“Just relax… think that you’ll just faced visitors that you don’t know. Think that they were strangers and you’ll be meeting them just now. Smile Vens… Smile… Don’t let your fears eat you halfway. You’ve been preparing for this for a long time right? You’re prepared now. Even you don’t, you need to. You need to.” I sighed several times again and took a last glimpse before I stand up and hold my door knob.

I took steps. Several steps. I can feel the beating of my heart. This is not normal. It feels like, I’ve been waiting for my test result at doon nakasalalay ang buhay ko. F*ck this feeling.

I step more at mas lalong bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. Until I take the last step and face my body at the living room. And there I saw them. Hugging her and smiling. Kumirot bigla ang puso ko. Sandali lang sila nagkawalay but it feels like they just seen each other right now after a long time. Anong magiging reaction nila pag ako ang nakita nila?