Chapter 24

Hello my sweeties,

This chapter has been killing me!

Who would believe me if I said I'm not even sure myself who the culprit is yet XD

Enjoy.

Neh xxx

I do not own Skip Beat!

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It was silent. It was the first thing Kuon noticed as he awoke slowly from the deepest sleep he had had in a while. Why was it silent? No sounds of Kyoko in the bathroom, no sound of her walking around tidying up after both of them.

Kuon lifted himself from the bed and looked around trying to figure out the reason. It only took one look at her empty bed and the open bathroom door to know Kyoko wasn't there.

"Setsu?" Kuon called knowing Kyoko still wished to stay in character around him. There was no reply.

"SETSU?" Kuon shouted now beginning to worry. Setsu never leaves Cain. She never...

"SETSU?" Kuon cried jumping out of bed and running instantly to the sitting area.

"KYOKO!" Kuon was panicking and he knew it as he flung open the hotel door and literally raced to the elevator that would take him to the top floor and his parents suite. He hardly even touched the door as it swung open instantly.

"Mom? Dad? Is Setsu here?" Kuon cried as he raced towards the room they would normally eat breakfast. He skidded to a halt at what awaited him. The panic Kuon was feeling almost doubled.

"She's not abandoned you, Kuon. It's just your mother has taken your dear sister out shopping. So why don't you calm down and come eat with your old dad?" Kuon's heart which had been pounding from fearing the worst. That perhaps Kyoko had... It was too painful to even think about. "She's coming back, Kuon. Now please come and have a seat."

And Kuon didn't argue. He never even thought about the fact he was still dressed in his sleeping clothes or that he had not brought out his room key. Kyoko hadn't walked out of his life forever and that was enough.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"So Setsu, what type of dress will we be looking for? Also ladies please don't forget you both need a dress so pick whatever you like all expenses paid." Kanae and Chiori looked at each other then towards Sayuri Heel who was almost literally dragging Setsu around the expensive store she had driven them to.

"Mom, I really do not see why I even need a dress!" Setsu pouted as Sayuri tried to point out the beautiful needle work on a blue satin gown.

"Oh pish posh Setsu! You will be going with your brother to the end of filming party! Of course you need a dress. And since the director has been nice enough to invite not only us but our companions it's only proper that we appear well dressed."

Setsu slumped against one of the solid shop fittings ignoring her mother almost entirely. "I have nice clothes Nii-san brought me," she muttered and Sayuri smiled.

"Yes of course sweetheart. But has Cain brought you a dress?" Sayuri didn't need Setsu to answer. The way she turned her head away from her mother feigning interest in another area of the store was all she needed.

Kanae and Chiori watched silently. Neither one of them were comfortable even looking at the dresses with these price tags.

"I'll help you choose Cain's tux," were the next soft words from Sayuri's mouth. Instantly it was as if Setsu's interest switch had been knocked onto full power.