Chapter 5

"Sorry Heel-san, Setsuka-san, but your parents are here..." Director Konoe said slowly, completely confused. Judging by the two faces looking at him, he wasn't the only one confused.

"Setsu!" a beautiful female voice cried as the door was pushed open with such force it almost bounced back into the face of the director and the man who was following her. She ripped Kyoko from Cain's arms and wrapped her securely in her own.

"Oh my baby!" the dark-haired beauty said, crying as she held Kyoko to her chest. Setsu had fled as soon as she had heard the word 'parents'. She had felt it also in Cain as he had frozen at the sight. Now she was left wondering, just who are these people?

"MOM! DAD!" Cain cried...or was it Ren? Kyoko wondered as she peered past the tumbling dark brown hair to look at the man she had moments ago been holding. His eyes... those eyes, they were not Cain or Ren. Those eyes were the eyes she had seen in his darkest most terrified moments, the eyes of the child begging for comfort, for stability... The eyes she had yet to give a name to.

"Now now Yui dear, you're going to strangle the poor girl" the man who Kyoko now noticed was tall and she knew him instantly, as he approached Ren.

*SMACK*

The noise of the fist connecting with a face pulled the woman... Yui did he call her? From her deathly embrace on Kyoko, as Ren stumbled slightly backwards his hand holding his now slowly bruising jaw.

"You have A lot of explaining to do boy! How could you let Setsu get hurt when I specifically told you she was in your care!" Kyoko watched as the now reformed Cain winced slightly. Yet again the world seemed to turn upside down as the man Kyoko knew to be her adoptive father Kuu, dragged Ren into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"It's great to see you son! But if you ever shirk on protecting your sister again, it will cost you more than a little tap!" Cain just nodded as the older man stepped back to look at Cain.

"Now run along and get some ice! We don't want people thinking you're more unprofessional than they already do, now do we?" Cain again just nodded as he exited the room past the completely stunned Konoe. "So Director-San." Kuu said for the first time using fluent Japanese, "When can we take our children today? I believe my little princess has had a bad day already and I would really like to get her back home and resting." it had struck Kyoko as odd that Kuu would be here, she had not spoken to her adoptive father for a few weeks now. But here Kuu was standing before her, the man who had just hit her beloved brother and was being an Oyabaka and over protective as always.

This was an act, a test and a show of how her skill had grown to the man who meant so much to her and she was not backing down. The woman who had yet again been holding her in a loving embrace sensed the difference immediately when Setsu took over. The simple power Kyoko possessed and the way she could change her very presence was astounding. Julie knew in that moment just why Kuu had called Kyoko an unpolished diamond. Or why Lory had told her that this girl would one day be Japan's number one if she could overcome her own fears. She was truly the scary type of actress. The ones who not only read the script but brought it to life much like a writer bringing their stories to life in a reader's mind.

"Otou-san, I'm not going home." Setsu stated firmly as she stood before her father, her arms crossed and face set in a pout.

"Now sweetling..." Kuu tried to wheedle his his daughter as Setsu stamped her foot on the floor and glared up at the man before her.

"NO! you and Okaa-san said I could come with Cain and I am not going home without him or until he has finished his work." Konoe watched the scene with fascination. These people truly were amazing. They had not missed a beat. Yes there had been that moment of confusion in the eyes of both actors at the announcement that their parents had arrived, that moment of confusion was simply the arrival of people they did not expect. Here was the young girl who not hours ago had been brutally attacked yet still acted to the highest degree when others would have crumbled beneath the pressure. They weren't even before an audience or cameras in order to be this complete. Still they were all professionals so even if Konoe was unsure who these two new characters were their professionalism was second to none.