Chapter 19

!!WARNING!!

This chapter has references to drug abuse and also implies other illegal activity such as prostitution and drug trafficking.

Roshelle has been wonderful as usual making it so the T rating still applies but we ask the reader to read with caution.  

Enjoy.

Neh xxx

I do not own Skip Beat!

“Well how can you be sure when they have been in Japan for the last few weeks? How can you be so sure that while they have been away from you their relationship has not gone one step further?” Sayuri simply tapped her fingers a few times and shrugged in the same way her son had.

“And what if they have? It's not like it would be a  problem.” And with those words the entire studio erupted once more as Sakura sat there simply stunned.  

None of the Heels moved. All 4 of them simply looked unconcerned. The security staff tried to control the crowd whilst Sakura tried to think of what to say next... but what could she say? She had expected outright refusal of any type of relationship between the siblings!

Yet now... here was a completely calm and composed set of people who simply said ‘OK.... and?’

How could Sayuri be so calm and smile like that?

“Now it seems we have your attention maybe I should explain.”

If the sudden uproar had been anything, the complete silence and stillness that descended was even more stunning as Sayuri’s words held no question that she would answer the question and it would be everything they had been waiting for.

Cain simply glared at the people who had been trying to rush the stage as if they had been hypnotised. They suddenly returned to their seats without complaint as even the security moved back to their position to wait.

“Cain,” Calvin’s voice broke through the silence as Cain's attention returned solely to Setsu who was still cradled under his arm against his chest.

“Sayuri-san are you saying you would condone your children's relationship?” Sayuri’s eyes were cold as steel as she looked down at the woman sitting before her.

“No. I am saying that rumours could never replace the true facts Mitoki-san. I’m saying that when people not only verbally, but also physically attack a child based on wild rumours that I can no longer be proud of the country in which I was born and raised. Tell me Mitoki-san, what is the age that children are thought of as adults in Japan?”

Sakura was almost quaking at the power in the woman's voice. She owned the stage and not even Sakura was going to be challenging her. “20 years old is classed as an adult without the need of parental consent.”

Sayuri simply nodded. “My daughter is 17 years old, Mitoki-san. How would you feel if one of your children was brutally attacked because someone did not check the facts before they acted on an anonymous tip?”

Sakura who had no children herself could say nothing. How would she feel? She had watched the video of Setsuka being rushed into the waiting car by Cain, her cries had been haunting. Sakura could not even begin to imagine the pain the young girl must have been in.

“Since when has the media in Japan found that they have the right to release a story without proof or confirmation other than a picture taken on a mobile phone of two people hugging after what I have been told was a distressing situation for my daughter. In that moment she was simply seeking comfort from her brother?”