Chapter 4

It wasn't the next day, that day the press and paparazzi plus the people that had turned up just shouted questions and obscenities. Neither Cain nor Setsu paid any attention to either group as they walked out of the hotel with security and into the waiting car that would take them to the studio.

It wasn't the next day either, though the amount of people had almost tripled along with the questions, camera flashes and obscenities. Today they were shouting threats, again the Heel siblings ignored them all. The world for them only holding each other as they yet again left the hotel with security and entered the car and were off to the studio for filming. It was the third day when it exploded.

"Nii-san, can't we just go home?" Setsu whined as they awaited the hotel security. The security being ever professional never showed their own feelings towards the siblings, doing their job efficiently and swiftly. On this day as Cain and Setsu stepped out from the hotel surrounded by the security staff, even the air felt electric as the chanting and shouting started. Today there were signs and posters painted on cardboard, old bedsheets and other such large surfaces on which they could write their messages of hate and persecution.

It happened like lightning. One moment the Heel's were in the centre of the security alone. The next there was a masked figure pointing a can towards them, the spray that hit Setsu straight in the face and Cain's jacket took a few moments to take effect as the security grabbed the assailant and Cain rushed Kyoko into the waiting car. By this point Kyoko was screaming.

Grabbing Kyoko's hands Ren refused to allow her to touch her face leaning her forwards so her head was between her legs. he shouted at the drive to get them to the nearest hotel, motel or anywhere they could use the shower!

"It's OK Kyoko, I need you to keep blinking!" Ren told her as he listened to her screaming sobs of agony

"It hurts! It hurts!" She screamed as she tried to fight against Ren's hand that held hers tightly, wanting to rub at the stinging, fiery sensation attacking her face and eyes.

"Keep blinking Kyoko! Just keep blinking! We are going to get you help just keep blinking!" Ren encouraged, his insides a roiling cascade of emotions. He wanted to alleviate Kyoko's suffering then kill the person who had put her into this pain. Remembering all the information he knew about pepper spray he knew they needed to get to the hotel quickly. Luckily the hotel had been chosen for its closeness to the studio, which is where the drive took them knowing they had all that was required. Cain Heel half carried the screaming and crying Setsu through the studio and to the dressing room he knew had showers. The driver and director plus half of the filming crew and cast followed.

"What happened?" Director Konoe asked the driver as Cain literally kicked the door open and raced through the room and straight to the shower unit. Turning the shower on cold he stood below the stream holding the still crying Setsu her face looking up into the cold, streaming shower.

"Pepper spray." the driver answered as the people in the room gasped, "She was hit by pepper spray, I believe." Director Konoe visibly paled at the thought of the kind and sincere young woman he knew to be playing Setsuka Heel. He was suddenly bumped to the side as one of the actresses made her way to the bathroom a bottle of milk and washing up liquid in her hands. Konoe watched as she ordered Cain to turn Setsu towards her. She put on gloves before she rubbed the liquid around Setsu's face, and gently around her eyes as Konoe decided it was time to get the spectators out of here.

The driver spoke to the ambulance service. "OK Setsuka-san, I need you to try and keep still for me." Matsunai Rio told her as she again washed away the oil based spray with the washing up liquid. She knew it would have already soaked into her pores but she prayed that she could at least remove the top residue and alleviate the young woman's suffering. She herself may not approve of their supposed relationship, but surely this was going a step too far.