Chapter 18

I do not own Skip Beat!

“So it was an electrical issue?” Calvin asked for what Setsu swore was the hundredth time already.

“Otou-san!” Setsu exclaimed as she lowered her head onto her arms on the table. She was fed up. 'Oyabaka’ didn't come close to describing her father as he yet again went into a rant about  how equipment and electrics should be checked!

“2 hours! they had my children and my friends trapped for 2 hours!” It was just as Calvin took a breath to continue that Setsu’s nerve snapped.

“OTOU-SAN!! It. was. not 2 hours. It was an hour and thirty five minutes! No one was hurt and the water leak that had shorted out the system was something that would not have been noticed until the lift was used again.” Setsu's head had snapped back up off the table as she begun her tirade. Her eyes were burning like molten silver as she made her point quite clear to everyone seated at the table with them that the matter was closed.

They were waiting for Cain to finish filming his last scene. It had annoyed Setsu when they had been asked to leave the set, but as one of the female actresses was doing a nude scene with a skin suit Setsu had done nothing more than uncross her arms and leave as requested.  Cain carried out one of the more gruesome murders of the young lady in her shower.

“Nii-san? You OK?” Setsu asked as she watched Cain rub his eyes and forehead.

“Do we have any aspirin left Kyoko?” Ren asked as he tried to rub the tension away.  That last scene had been hard on him. The studio had been almost empty of course so the actress playing the victim would get some privacy. Yet Ren wished Kyoko would have been allowed to stay. Only by pushing Kuon to the furthest corner of his mind and immersing himself fully in not only Ren but Cain was he able to hide the young man from his fear. He stopped another completely catatonic state as the fake blood started running through the scene area.

Only the repeated mantra of “Kyoko is waiting for me, Setsu needs me.” kept the full on terror from Kuon’s distress taking a hold of his nerves and senses. The way Setsu had practically teleported to Cain's side when the set had been reopened and the way she fussed over her most important man held him in control long enough to leave the set. But somehow he had done it and now he was able to sit down and think about just what it had taken to do so.

“Sure Tsuruga-san I will just go and get you some.” Setsu instantly left Kyoko as she heard the tired quality in Ren’s voice. It didn't take Kyoko but a few moments to grab the glass of water and the pills.

“Here Tsuruga-san,” she said handing them over.

“It’s Ren,” Kyoko was almost knocked over by his words

“W..what?” she asked stuttering slightly as she looked at the man seated before her.

“My name. It’s Ren and I would be pleased if you would call me by my given name Kyoko.” He didn’t look at her preferring just to take the pills with closed eyes. He knew if he looked at Kyoko and she held that scared expression she sometimes had that he would lose his nerve, but he needed this in that moment. He needed her in that moment.  

Kyoko watched the man before her. For a moment she was stunned and she had to admit scared.  She loved this man how could she keep the distance between them if she was to begin calling him in a more casual loving way? Yet as she watched the man she had come to know so... intimately she realised she knew he was asking her because in this moment he needed the closeness,  needed the feeling her calling him by his given name would give him.