Chapter 14

When they arrived at the outdoor shoot they had not expected the director to come running over to apologise profusely to Lory, who thought he was there because he had heard about the accident with Chiori and the trundle cart. But as Lory became concerned for his Love Me number three the director was then forced to explain about what had happened. How the safety cable bolt had sheared off and the events that followed after that. Kanae simply wondered just what a dangerous job she and Chiori had gotten themselves into?

It was like magic. Setsu was there one moment and the next she was gone. Lory continued asking Director Konoe about the incident as Sebastian took down information in a small notepad. Calvin was off and looking for his son. Well that's what Kanae gathered from his grumbled words. As he stalked off Sayuri sighed.

"Well come on Kanae-san let's go and see if Chiori-san is OK." Kanae simply nodded as she followed the beautiful older woman.

Kanae watched the reaction to the older woman compared to her daughter's, which she had been seeing all day. There was still pointing and whispers, but this time there was a completely different feeling behind it. With Setsu the feeling had been one of rumour and ill content, but with Sayuri it was more curiosity and appreciation of the beautiful woman before them.

"What about my Nii-san! What would have happened if it had been him! Did you even think? Did you even consider?" They could hear the shouting before they had even entered the first aid tent. Luckily they were still far enough away from the public areas that it didn't cause a scene. As Sayuri walked in Setsu stormed out. Sayuri again was sighing, but Kanae was shocked by the small smile on her face...

"Chiori-san, how are you feeling?" Sayuri asked the stunned girl sitting before them. She was holding a bottle of water and Kanae was glad to see no obvious injuries or bruises.

"I'm fine thank you Sayuri-san... But I'm sorry it seems I've upset Setsu-san." Chiori looked rather upset at that thought.

Probably thinking she has messed up our plans, Kanae thought reading Chiori as Sayuri just smiled and shook her head.

"Don't worry about Setsu. She wasn't really angry with you."

Kanae and Chiori both looked at her confused. "She surely sounded angry." Kanae decided to comment as Chiori nodded.

"Yeah and she looked angry, trust me." Chiori added in.

Sayuri sat down next to Chiori putting her arm around the young woman seated on the first aid bed.

"You know Setsu came straight here as soon as she heard about the accident." she said slowly.

"Yeah to shout at me for not caring for Heel-san correctly." Chiori added as Kanae started to see exactly what Sayuri was getting at.

She shook her head slowly. "She was worried!" Kanae suddenly blurted out as Sayuri smiled and nodded again.

"Yes, she was worried about you Chiori-san. If Setsu didn't care she would not have come and shouted at you, she would have gone straight to Cain and checked that he was OK first. But the fact that she came to you first was just her way of confirming you were OK. Setsu may seem like she was angry, but I assure you she was more than likely relieved to see you unharmed... It's just Setsu, well she doesn't show her feelings very well to people other than her family."

Kanae was shocked by how right Sayuri was. She knew her daughter well, probably better than anyone other than perhaps Cain. They seemed just to have that mental link with the girl none could cross.

"Now how about we go and find my husband before he beats Cain up for not protecting you correctly? We should grab Setsu too before she smacks her oya-baka father for being nasty to Cain. God I love my family, but even I have to admit there isn't a sane one in the entire bunch."