Chapter 8

Kuon looked at his parents. He could understand now why they were here and he had accepted why Lory had sent them in and when he was honest with himself he was glad he had help. Kuon sighed. Even with his parents he couldn’t feel comfortable being this far away from Kyoko when she needed him.

“Well I’m going to turn in its been a long day.” Julie and Kuu both nodded before hugging Kuon and wishing him goodnight it was when Kuon had reached their suite door he turned back to his parents.

“I really am glad you're here and I just hope we can help Kyoko through this. She doesn’t deserve anymore sadness in her life and she definitely doesn't deserve to be hurt again. And I know for me to keep her happy and safe I’m going to need your help. I don't care what happens to me at the end of all of this as long as Kyoko is ok.” He didn't know what else to say so left it at that before nodding to them both and continuing back on the way to his suite. As soon as the door shut and they heard the elevator pulling away Julie leant in close to Kuu fighting back the tears that threatened her.      

”He really has fallen in love.”

It felt like he had only been sleeping a few minutes when he heard her. The whimpering cry of a bleeding heart shook Kuon from his own uneasy rest.  At first he wondered if it had just been part of his own dream as he lie there on his back listening for the smallest noise in their shared suite. But no, there it was again. The sad whimper.  Kuon strained his ears. Was Kyoko awake again? Was she ok?

“Mommy no.”  He heard Kyoko's hushed tone.

“I’ll do better mommy. I’ll be a better girl... Please mommy no... Mommy I don't like the dark.”  The more Kyoko said the more distressed her voice became as she begged and pleaded for her ‘mommy’ to let her out. That she would do better and not to smack her.

Kuon's own parents had smacked him when he was younger and he knew every time that he deserved it, but the way Kyoko was crying out made Kuon's heart break a little more for the young woman he loved. He was out of his own bed within moments and kneeling beside Kyoko’s bed.

“Shhhh Kyoko it’s ok... Shhhh Kyoko-chan I’m here.” He cooed stroking her hair and trying to calm the withering woman.

“Corn.....He hurt me Corn and you were gone...My prince...” Kuon could tell Kyoko was still asleep, but it didn’t stop his free hand from fisting besides the bed. She was right  He hadn’t been there. He had left Kyoko not wanting to break her ideal of him being a fairy prince. He had given her no way of contacting him. If he had... would it be different now? Would he be fighting for the woman he loved to open her heart to him? Or would he have been able to gain it much sooner.

“Don’t leave me again.... No Corn don’t go!!” Kyoko was crying out now. Gone were the whispers. Her shouts bounced off the walls as she begged Corn not to leave her.

“It hurts! It burns!” she cried,  now frantic as Kuon stood and gathered Kyoko in his arms and held her close to his chest on sheer impulse.

“I’m not going anywhere Kyoko-chan. Never again will I leave you..I will always try and protect you... Forever Kyoko... Forever and ever you just have to let me Kyoko. You have to let me love you.” Kuon could feel his own tears as he held Kyoko like a lifeline.