Chapter 3

Now even the greatest planners make mistakes, and this was exactly what had happened with Lory. It was 4.37am exactly when the frantic call came through his private phone. It was lucky Lory was such a light sleeper otherwise who knew what would have happened if he hadn't answered?

"My son! How is my son?!" Lory's mistake registered instantly as Kuu's voice belted through the phone into his ear as he heard the sobbing, screaming voice in the background shouting about how she was going to kill him! She was going to tear him limb from limb for making her precious baby work himself half to death until he became seriously ill. She then broke into floods of tears about how she would never see her baby again.

"Kuu..." but Lory was not getting a word in edgewise as Julie demanded to speak to the kidnapper, Lory could hear them arguing over the phone as Lory sighed. He really was too tired to be dealing with this right now.

"KUU!" Lory literally screamed down the phone as all sounds on the other end went silent for a moment. "Kuu you insufferable black hole. Stick the phone on loudspeaker and listen to what I have to say before I put the phone down and never contact you about your son again!" he rubbed his sore eyes tiredly as he waited for confirmation of the phone settings. Just as Julie began ranting again Lory cut in.

"Your son is not ill Julie, that was a false trail we have put down to protect his identity as Cain Heel." He heard the sudden and abrupt stop of the two people as he sighed. Sitting up in his bed he switched his laptop which was always on his bedside table and swiftly sent the file he had created on the newest movements of his favourite couple to his friends.

"I've sent you the information, it's all in there. Just watch the first video and we will talk." the line was still almost silent, though he could hear what he thought was quiet deliberation as he guessed someone was setting up the laptop to receive the message he had just sent. Laying back in his bed Lory dozed fitfully as he awaited the verdict of the couple who he knew held his life in the balance. Both were scary when it came to their child and if he thought about it that way this story really related to the two of their children. He could hear it very quietly almost like background noise as they played the first news report. It was Makoto Yui from The Daily Scoop before the Heel's exited the building. She asked about the story that had sprung up about the incestious siblings and then questioned them when they left the hotel right up until Kyoko, or rather Setsu, kissed Kuon or maybe Ren, no it was Cain.

God this was even getting confusing to me! Lory thought as he awaited the repercussions.

"I told you she was an amazing actress!" he heard Kuu proclaim loudly. He couldn't help but smile as he agreed, but it was Julie's comment that really made Lory smile.

"Yes, but I think Kuon is enjoying that a little too much to be acting." he heard Julie chuckle as he too had noticed how the lad's eye had gone wide before melting into Kyoko's embrace.

"So will you believe me now?" Lory asked as he awaited his judgement.

"Kuon really isn't ill?" Kuu asked.

"No."

"And he is safe?" this was Julie and Lory wondered how he should reply

"Safe enough." was all he could think to say as the phone exploded again with two shouting voices.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SAFE ENOUGH!" Julie shouted.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU GOT OUR SON DOING!" Kuu screamed.

Lory sighed again. "All I meant was he is safe, though I'm not sure how safe his emotional state is since he will have to be around Kyoko 24/7." he noticed how Julie went instantly quiet, but Kuu ever last to catch on to a meaning that wasn't work related had to ask.