Chapter 10

Kanae wondered if this was a good idea after all. Yes they had been out for a few hours now. But at least they had been moving around in and out of shops and changing rooms but it seemed the Heels didn't think twice of sitting under the bright sun umbrellas eating ice cream, even with the growing crowd.

It had shocked both girls the way in which Cain without speaking had guided the girls into him paying for the ice treats, never saying a word but making it clear that he was paying and no complaint was to be heard. Or the way Setsu had smiled sweetly adding simply

"My Nii-San is a gentleman." And neither girl could deny that. Even though he was taciturn and antisocial, they had never had to open a door in his presence. It was held open for them and he would follow behind. That was if he got there before Calvin who had even made sure to assist them out of the large black car Lory had sent for their use. It wasn't a flashy Limo as Kanae had expected but rather a large state car with seating for eight people in the back. Setsu was right the Love Me girls realised. Cain was a gentleman, in his own way.

"Heel-san! Heel-san!" They'd been found.

"We had better get moving." Chiori said as she tossed her used napkin into the nearby trashcan. "The place will be crawling with them soon, and i don't know about you but I hate reporters." Kanae just nodded as she tossed the last of her own cone into the trash a nervous feeling in her own stomach making her no longer feel like eating was a pleasurable experience.

"Yeah, I would rather avoid the press if we can help it. They bring other problems with them sadly." Setsu and Cain both looked unbothered by the shouting reporter. As they both stood following the two girls lead, it didn't mean much to either of them if someone was shouting questions at them or not.

It happened as they were walking away. The persistent reporter following them with questions spilling from his lips like a torrent. Kanae wondered if he was just an opportunist as he was asking in rapid Japanese and as far as she had seen Setsu had only answered questions from the reporters directed at them in English. The man could not get close to them. Lory's guards were with them of course, but it seemed this man knew a little more than Kanae thought as he asked a question which would have upset even her if it had been asked about her own siblings.

"People are saying your sister is more of a personal whore than a manager, how would you react to this Heel-san?" They never saw the movement. Not even Lory's personal guards were fast enough to intercept the infuriated Cain Heel as the reporters feet left the floor, his camera falling uselessly to the floor lens shattering as Cain lifted him by his throat.

"Never insult any woman, especially my sister with words such as that!" Like a ragdoll Cain tossed the man back to the floor where he sat, terrified by the towering figure before him.

"Cain..." the words were softly spoken "He's not worth it." The small hand that connected with his back stopped Kuon from jumping the man before him. She was there.. He was with her and he needed to back down.

"Never will I accept a man disparaging a woman as such in my presence. You better not forget that before you speak in future." All the reporter could do was nod as he swiftly shuffled backwards from the dark entity that had arisen.

Kanae was already on her phone instructing the driver to pick them up immediately as the guards closed ranks around the four of them.

"Come on Nii-san." Setsu's hand found Cain's and pulled Cain back into focus. In Kuon's mind as he turned away from the man who had been holding his furious gaze as if he were a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. The car was there and within moments the two Love Me girls pushed the Heels in, the situation forgotten as Kanae slammed the door shut behind them and told the driver to drive. With no destination the driver just did as asked allowing his own directions to guide him around the city he knew so well.