Ch. Forty- Four

As the week went by, I got better and the hospital finally released me with bandages on my arms and a bulky boot on my left leg, but other than that, I was fine. The headaches has subsided and the bandages were gone from my wrists, revealing very badly bruises skin where the ropes were. My ankles weren't nearly as bad. They even made me go through therapy for what I went through, which I didn't find necessary. But whatever.

I was surprised when Brooke paid me a visit. She apologized for everything that she did and she also cleared everything up for me.

What I gathered, was that when my father left years and years ago, he left with Hanna and Grayson (The baby), but after a few years, he had gained quite a gambling problem and finally, Hanna got fed up and left him, taking Grayson with her. After Hanna was gone, my father made friends with Harris, Amber's father. 

At the beginning of this school year, they came up with this whole plan, scheme thing to hack into the bank's database to get their money for the loan sharks. So, Harris sent out his daughter and her two friends to get to know me and crap. Amber faked a crush on Luke and then when they found out about us going to the beach house, Allison became involved with Jack so that they could all go so that Brooke could ruin my relationship with Adam. Making me 'vulnerable' and open to a friendship with Allison so that she could learn about me. Brooke and Amber faked a fight so Amber would seem like the good girl and get a lunch with me.

"I swear, I didn't know they were going to hurt you. I thought they would just threaten you or something. I'm so sorry. Like, really insanely sorry." She pleaded.

I finally, reluctantly gave her my forgiveness. I had to admit, it was weird seeing a nice side of Brooke. After she hugged me, she left the room, telling me that she was going straight to the police station.

That was a few days ago and today, I learned that Amber, Allison, Harris, and my father had all been put into jail with no bail. Brooke, however, made a deal, but that's all I know.

"How are you feeling?" Luke asked for the hundredth time as I limped with crutches into the house.

"Luke, I'm fine. I swear." I said, rolling my eyes. He's just being the overprotective brother that he is. 

"Okay, okay." He sighed as I crutched into the living room and sat on the couch.

Luke closed the door behind me and sat down beside me, pulling out his phone. "Pizza?"

I nodded. "Sure."

He called the pizza in for delivery and then turned on the TV and I let him watch his football. "Ariana packed your bags for tomorrow."

I nodded. "Okay." 

Tomorrow, if you're wondering, is when we're leaving for California for the Chris Malcom party. Hopefully, I'll be off of crutches by the party. The doctor said I should only need them for a few days until it didn't hurt to walk on the boot.

We watched football until we finished off the large pizza and then Luke brought me some pajamas from upstairs and I changed in the downstairs bathroom. Being in the bathroom was the first time I've seen a mirror in the last week. I had a dark black eye, a split lip, and a small cut under my right eye, on my cheek bone. I sighed in aggravation before making my way back to the couch where Luke was still watching football.

"You should get to bed, it's getting late." I said softly.

"I'll just sleep on the love seat." He said calmly.

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. "You're the best baby brother ever." I cooed with a teasing smile.

"It's what I do." He sighed.