Ch. Thirty- Seven

"So you're dating Jack?" Luke asked slowly after I broke the news to him at breakfast the next day.

"Are you mad?" I asked him.

Luke chuckled and stuffed his face with cereal. "I'm not mad. I told you, Linds. I know Jack and he's not like Adam."

"But-"

"Lindsay." Luke interrupted me, hopping off of the bar stool and putting the empty bowl in the sink. "Stop trying to change my mind. I'm happy for you."

I sighed. "Okay."

He smiled before wrapping me in a quick hug. "See you after school."

"Yeah, bye." I muttered as he hurried out the door.

I grabbed a Pop Tart and went back upstairs with a smile on my face, releived that Luke didn't freak out like he did last time. 

For the rest of the day, I lazied around the house like I always do, only this time, I had a huge smile plastered on my face as I replayed the night over and over again.

After I agreed to be his girlfriend, we kissed... a lot. Like, alot alot. And then, when the sun started rising, we made our way, holding hands, back towards civilization and our real lives that awaited us.

I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier at this very moment.

When school let out, Luke texted me and told me that he was going over to Adam's house so that I was going to be alone for even longer. Great. 

I jumped when there was a knock on the door. Didn't Luke just say that he was going to Adam's? Maybe he forgot something.

I sighed and made my way downstairs and looked out the tiny peep hole to see Jack standing there. Just seeing him made my heart flutter and a smile appear on my face. 

I swung the door open and Jack grinned at me. "Hey."

"Hey." I repeated with a giggle, noticing that one hand was behind his back. "What's that?" I asked nudging towards his hidden hand.

In one swift movement, he brought his hand up and put a single red rose in front of me. He was nervous, but any normal person wouldn't of been able to see that nervousness because he was trying to mask it with a face of confidence.

"It's beautiful." I gasped, taking the thorny rose into my own hands. "Thank you."

"Yeah, you're welcome. I just thought I should get you something for our first date." He muttered, his nervousness growing but the confident smirk on his face was trying harder to hide it.

"Our first date?" I echoed with raised eyebrows.

"Yup. I'm taking you out. Right now."

My eyes widened. "I'm not even dressed!"

He let out a chuckle. "Of course you are. You look amazing."

I looked down at what I was wearing, jean shorts that cut off right above my knee and a white tank top that was covered up by a red, thin, long sleeved lacey sweater. My hair was only brushed and kind of frizzy and I had absolutely no makeup on.

"I look crappy." I huffed.

"You don't have a choice, so you might as well just give up." Jack said smugly.

I scowled at him before sticking my tongue out at him. "Fine. But at least let me do my hair."

He nodded. "You have two minutes."

I rolled my eyes. "Deal."

In thirty seconds, I had my hair in a fish tail braid down my back. And in another thirty seconds, Jack was leading me out to his rusted red truck.