Ch. Forty- One

Ariana's POV

"Did you fix things with that boy?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Ayden. We're fine."

"Good. I like him." He said as we sat on the couch and watched some sports channel.

"I'm glad." I chirped sarcastically.

"Why are you so upset with me?" He whined. "I'm your big brother."

"Then act like it." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. "You're here for two weeks, that's it. You can't just help out with the kids just a little bit?"

"I have catching up to do." He defended.

"Right. With your old football team, I get it. But, really? They are your brothers and sisters too. You are here for two fucking weeks, that's it. We take care of them ever single other day of the year so the least you can do is help out for the two pathetic weeks that you're in town."

"Don't cuss at me. You're only seventeen." He scolded.

"Exactly!" I shreiked. "I'm only seventeen! Me and Adam, we are only seventeen! We shouldn't have to be raising a family of five. They shouldn't be our responsibility, Ayden. I'm supposed to grow up and when I'm older, start a family with my husband, not my brother. So if you're in town for two weeks, I don't think it's too much of me to ask you to act like it for once."

He frowned at me but remained silent.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Ayden." I stood up and marched up stairs without another word.

I looked at my phone. Where the hell is Lindsay? She went out to meet with Amber an hour ago. And she's not even answering any texts. Neither is Allison and I'm bored and pissed.

I jumped when I got a phone call from... Jack?

I pushed the green button and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Ariana?"

"Yeah?" I said slowly.

"Have you talked to Lindsay lately?"

"Like an hour ago, when she left to go see Amber at The Basement. Why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just can't get a hold of her." He grunted.

"Oh. Well I'll let you know if I hear from her." I sighed.

"Okay, thanks." And with that, he hung up.

Okay, something's wrong. She always answers her phone, especially for Jack.

I instantly grabbed my keys and jacket before hurrying downstairs and towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Ayden asked.

"Out." I mumbled.

"You can't go out, I'm leaving soon and Adam isn't here."

"Then I guess you aren't leaving soon." I snapped, opening the door and rushing out before he could say any more.

I drove to the line of restaurants where The Basement was and parked in one of the parking spots before hurrying into the restaurant where many people lingered around the arcade to the left and calmly had their late lunches at the small tables.

My eyes scanned the place quickly for either Lindsay or Amber but came up short until I landed on a purse that looked incredibly familiar in the corner of the place. It was Lindsay's purse!

But where was Lindsay? The table was empty. 

I hurried over to the small table and when I got there, a busboy got there at the same time.

"Excuse me." I said to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"How can I help you?"

"Um, do you know where the people that were at this table went?" I asked, grabbing the purse from the table.

He shrugged. "Sorry, I just started my shift. Talk to the bartender, though."

I smiled. "Thanks."

And with that, I grabbed the purse and hurried to the bar where a lady was scurrying around, serving all of the drinks.

"Excuse me!" I called to the lady.

She looked at me, filled an order, than hurried over to me. "What will it be?" She asked.

"Um, actually, I was wondering if you could tell me who was at that table in the corner? Where did they go?"

"Oh, those two girls. They left about half an hour ago, the one looked pretty sick."

"She had darker hair?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"She looked sick?" She seemed fine when she left the house. "How did she look sick?"

"She looked dizzy and confused."

My stomach dropped. "Would you say she looked... drugged?"

The bartender's eyes widened. "You know, come to think of it, she did. And her friend ordered the drinks before she got here."

"Oh my god." I gasped. I knew Amber would try something. But drugging Lindsay? I never could have guessed she was so... criminal. "Where did they go?"

"I don't know, the blonde led her out the door and they got into a black SUV. Should I call the police?"

I nodded. "Yeah, do that."

I turned on my heal and ran out the door of the restaurant, pushing everybody out of my way. When I got to my car, tears were pouring down my fae as I dialed Luke's number.

"Hello?"

"Luke?" I sobbed.

"Ariana, what's wrong?" He asked in a worried voice.

"Oh my god, Luke. She took her." I said. "Lindsay's gone. They... they kidnapped her!"

"Wait... slow down. Who kidnapped who?"

"I don't know. The- The bartender said that she saw Amber drug Lindsay and then they left in an SUV." I cried, speeding down the road. 

"Okay, calm down. Just breathe. Call Jack and tell him to meet us at my house." And then the line went dead.

Without thinking, I did what he said and dialed Jack's number.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"M-meet us at Luke's." Was all I could say.

"Ariana? What's wrong?"

"Lindsay's missing just meet us at Luke's."

"Okay. On my way." He said gruffly before hanging up.

"Just calm down, Ariana." I told myself through the tears. "She's going to be okay. She has to be."

Doesn't she?

__________________________________

Second upload of the day but I know this one kind of sucks. Like really bad, sorry :/

But I'm like super nervous about tomorrow, I'm taking my driving test... like in a car and stuff and I'm freaking out. 

I love you all <3

Vote, Comment, Fan :D