Ch. Forty- Three

Ariana's POV

After about five hours of aimlessly brainstorming about places that Lindsay could be, we had nothing.

"Allison isn't answering her phone." I complained.

"Do you think it's a coincidence?" Adam asked. "I mean, she used to be friends with Amber, it could've all been a set up."

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. "N-no, Allison wouldn't do that."

Adam shrugged. "Just an idea."

I felt terrible for Luke right now. He was just sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. He looked sick to his stomach. I can't even imagine what it feels like for him.

Of course, we tried the police, but you know, the whole '24 hour' thing. So, basically, we're screwed for another 20 hours.

Jack was taking it pretty rough too because he was just rambling and pacing back and forth behind the couch. I felt bad for him, too. I could tell that he really, really loves Lindsay.

"I'm going to go check on Ayden to make sure he isn't exploding." I finally spoke. I just had to do something instead of sitting around here doing nothing. I felt so helpless here.

Adam nodded and I made my way out the door towards my house.

Five minutes later, I said goodbye to the kids and made my way back to Luke's house, only to see everybody hopping into Adam's Hummer.

"Where are we going?" I asked, putting myself in the back seat. When everybody was in the car, he didn't waste a second before speading down the road.

"We got a call from Brooke, she told us where Lindsay is." Adam said, considering the other two were going through way too much to even speak right now.

"Where is she?!" I asked in a shocked squeal. "Is she okay?!"

"We don't know." Luke choked from beside me. 

I scooted closer to him and put my hand in his even though he didn't respond to my touch, I still had to be there for him. 

"She just gave us an address and a plan to get her out." Adam filled in.

"A plan? Well, what is it?" I asked, feeling very relieved, but still scared. She has to be okay, right? She's Lindsay. She's always okay. She always finds a way out.

"We can't tell you." Adam said.

"Why the hell not?" I scoffed.

"It's too dangerous." Luke said, not looking at me. His eyes were locked out the window and his eyes were glazed over with unshed tears. This is the closest that I've ever seen him to crying. Ever.

"I can handle it. She's my best friend."

"Look, we have it all figured out. Just stay in the car and wait for us to get back." I noticed that we were pulling down a dirt road towards a tall warehouse. I rolled my eyes. A warehouse? Original much?

Adam parked in an unoticable corner and they all started getting out of the car.

"Wait." I said, gripping Luke's hand as he stood up and started out the car. He looked at me but didn't say anything. I scooted over to where he was sitting and put my lips on his for a long, lingering kiss. "Please be safe, okay?"

He just nodded slightly. "I'll do my best."

And with that, all three guys started sprinting for the creepy warehouse.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a high pitched, pain filled scream echo through the cold air. Oh my god, that's Lindsay.

I couldn't just sit here and let her die! But what other choice did I have at the moment? I didn't have a choice. I had no idea where the guys went, I had no idea if the people in that building had guns or weapons. I had no idea how to even get into the building. I knew it was the safest thing to do to just sit in the Hummer and wait. But I hated every second of it.