Ch. Thirty- Six

"Lindsay." Somebody whispered as something jabbed me in the side.

My eyes opened slightly with a pain shooting through my back due to sleeping on the floor. I sat up and saw Jack looking down at me.

"What?" I asked groggily as I stood to my feet and put away the pillow and blanket that I had used.

"We're leaving for school and dropping Nat off on our way, so you're on your own."

I nodded. "Have fun."

He chuckled before kissing my cheek and hurrying out the door, leaving a smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach.

After they were gone, I stumbled back into my room and plopped down on my bed, quickly falling back asleep.

The next time I woke up, it was already one in the afternoon but the house was still empty. I trudged out of bed and downstairs into the kitchen on a scavenge to find something to eat after I took a quick shower. I finally landed on bacon for lunch and started thawing it out in a pan of hot water. 

After it was thawed, I let it sizzle in the pan before placing the cooked bacon on a plate with a paper towel to soak in the grease. Right after the last slice of bacon was on the plate, the door swung open and Luke, Adam, and Jack came through the door followed by four of the football players that I remembered as Jake, Asher, Brandon, and the guy that I talked to at the movies, Parker. The kitchen erupted in teenage boy ramble and laughter.

"Ooh, bacon." Luke chirped, going in for a slice of steaming bacon on the plate.

I slapped his hand away and snapped. "Mine."

I felt two strong hands slither around my waist from behind me and rest his chin on my shoulder. The scent and butterflies in my stomach told me that it was Jack. "I can have some, right?" He whispered innocently into my ear as his hand moved towards the plate.

"Not even the frustrating lover boy can have my bacon." I said, slapping his hand away and grabbing the plate before turning and moving towards the bar. I sat the plate in front of the stool before popping up and sitting at it.

"Long time, no see." Asher said smugly, taking a seat next to me. He had jet black shaggy hair an a lip pericing on the left of his bottom lip. His muscles were pushing against his tight black shirt as his green eyes were locking on me.

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my mouth with a strip of bacon. "I don't even know you."

Asher snorted. "I know you, I mean, this guy won't shut up about you." He said, jutting a thumb towards Jack.

I chuckled and watched Jack turn a bright red. "Jack, everyone seems against you the past few days." I said slyly.

"I know." He grunted, slapping Asher on the back of the head, causing him to snicker. The two boys then fell into a wrestling match on my kitchen floor. I rolled my eyes. Boys.

Jack's phone started going off with a text, causing their wrestling to come to a stop and they stood to their feet again, Asher fixing his hair while Jack answered his text.

"Shit, I gotta go." He said, his face hardening at the screen.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, not letting my bacon out of my sight.

He looked up at me but he couldn't hide the angry pain that filled his face when he forced a smile. "Yeah, my mom just burnt dinner." He lied.

I nodded but I'm sure I didn't look convinced. After saying his goodbyes to his friends, he hurried out the door.

"So are you two a thing?" Adam asked, his voice tinged with jealousy.

"No." I said quickly, making everybody begin to laugh.