Ch. Thirty- Five

Little Miss Perfect isn't so Perfect!

Little Miss Perfect can't even survive high school!

Brainiac can't handle the real world!

And the head lines went on and on and on...

I grunted and grabbed the last newspaper and decided to read the article.

Lindsay Wilson, the girl that knows it all, can't even handle the real world of high school. Sources say that the dramatic boy drama was just too much for this Little Miss Perfect after her boyfriend of only a month was caught cheating on her. "I just don't see how she's considered perfect if she can't even go through what all other teenagers go through. Like, most teenage girls go through breakups, bullying, and stress but we stay in school. She's nothing special." Says classmate, Brooke Maysfield. The matter seems to be very controversal. "We have no right to judge her decision because we don't know what it's like to be her. She helped me a lot and I'm sad that she's gone." Another student, Amber Green quoted.

 I stopped reading with my jaw dropped. Amber actually stood up for me?  I tossed the newspaper into the trash with the rest of them and then went upstairs into Luke's room.

He looked up at me with a soft smile. "What's up?" He asked.

"Have you seen all the papers? I'm top news." I mumbled, sitting next to him on his bed while he typed away on his laptop.

"It'll blow over, it always does." He said.

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess. Um, have you talked to Amber lately?"

He shrugged. "A little bit, why?"

"Well, she was defending me in one of the papers."

He gave me a weird look. "Really?"

"Yeah, it was probably a publicity thing though. Just to get her name in the paper."

"Yeah, maybe." He muttered.

"I talked to Adam yesterday."

"Yeah, he told me. He seems pretty happy that you're talking to him." He said.

"Well, I figured that if Im just friends with him, it nakes things a lot easier so I don't have to worry about fighting with him."

"Makes sense." Luke nodded. "Did you tell him what was wrong with you yesterday?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Are you going to tell me?"

"If you promise me something." I said slowly.

"What is it?"

"You can't freak out or get mad at me or at Jack or anybody." 

He nodded. "Alright."

"Okay, well you know that whole... virginity thing?" I asked casually.

"Yeah....?" He said slowly.

"Yeah, I don't have that."

I could see the shock in his face, but there was no trace of anger, which was good. "So why were you crying?"

"On our way back to Adam's house, he said that it was a mistake and that he was sorry." I said.

And that's when his brow furrowed in anger.

"You said you wouldn't get angry."

"He's such a dumbass." Luke muttered.

"Well we talked yesterday. So we're friends." I said, trying to sound happy about it.

Luke looked up at me and smirked. "Why don't you sound happy about that?" Damn.