Ch. Seven

Unedited

"Adam doesn't need a ride?" I asked nonchalantly on monday as Luke was scarfing down a bowl of cereal.

He shook his head. "He's not going to school today."

"Oh. Why not?" I tried my hardest to seem like I didn't care, even though it was killing me. Was he not going because of me? There was no way. Absolutely no way.

He shrugged. "He said that he was sick or something." He looked up at me and smirked. "Why do you care so much?"

I scoffed. "I-I do not care. I was just curious."

"He told me that you two kissed." He said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, so?"

"So you like him. Just admit it." He chuckled as we walked out the door towards his car.

"Well, kind of. But not that much. And he definitely doesn't like me, so it doesn't matter."

He snickered but didn't say anything. It was a 'I know something that you don't' kind of snicker.

I was still getting used to the school schedule. You know, the waking up early thing. It sucks. I probably had bags under my eyes today because I didn't go to bed until four in the morning. I used to be kind of noctornal before my mom forced me into the dramatic world of high school. 

Anyway, I made my way through sixth period, but I read a sign on my seventh period study hall door that read:

Finally in the gym today. 

The gym? Why would we go to the gym? I rolled my eyes and trudged down the hallway towards the gym. When I got inside, everybody from my study hall was sitting on the bleachers talking among themselves. I easily found Ariana sitting by herself in the corner.

"Hey, Ariana. What's going on? Why are we in the gym?" I asked her.

She looked up from her Twilight book and smirked at me. "Why wouldn't we be in the gym?"

I shrugged. "It's just study hall. Study halls aren't in the gym, are they?"

She snorted. "Dude, this isn't study hall. This is gym."

I groaned. "Why were we in a class room all last week then?"

"Mrs. Jacobs had a baby." She said. "I take it you don't like gym?"

I shook my head. "I hate gym."

"Okay, good afternoon, class!" A young teacher walked into the room. Her blond hair was up in a tight pony tail. She was wearing a blue basketball hoodie and running shoes. She looked like a gym teacher. "Today, we won't do anything since I'm sure nobody brought clothes. So just chill for a little bit I guess."

"Do you have pictures of your baby?" Somebody squealed.

"Not today." The teacher sighed. "So is anybody new?"

I dreaded that question. I absolutely dreaded it. I thought I was through all of this newbie stuff last week.

I kept my hand down and didn't say anything, however, somebody else had other plans.

"She's new!" I heard Luke coming over to me. He sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "This is Lindsay. She's my sister." He said proudly.

The teacher smiled. "Lindsay, welcome."

"Thanks." I choked, elbowing Luke hard in the ribs.

"Do you play any sports?" She asked.