Ch. Twenty- One

Me and Allison watched Ariana leave the room then we hurried over to the window to see Luke taking her out to the car that he rented. They are so cute together!

"Where is he taking her?" Allison asked me.

"To a dock down the beach. Then he's taking her parasailing." I said with a grin.

"Aw, that's so cute!" She cooed.

I chuckled. "I know!"

"Where is Adam taking you?" She asked.

I shrugged. "He won't tell me."

"I bet he'd take you to the moon if he could." She chuckled.

I blushed. "Too bad he can't."

She laughed. "Yeah, too bad."

For the rest of the hour, I kept nervously checking my hair in the mirror and making sure that my makeup wasn't smeared. Allison kept laughing at me because she said I looked like a frantic bumble bee.

"You'll be fine. He already loves you." She said with a small smile.

I gave her a small smile. "I know we aren't really close or anything, but if you want to talk about Jack-"

"No, he's not important. The relationship was basically just sex, I'm not heart broken." She said. "It's eight. You should go."

I checked my outfit one more time- A short peach lacey halter top dress with white flats. Pretty simple. I smiled one last time at Allison before leaving my room and walking nervously down the stairs. I couldn't explain why I was so nervous, but I just was. I couldn't wait to see where Adam was taking us. 

When I got down the stairs, I saw Adam waiting at the kitchen table but turned the other way. 

I frowned because I approached him, I could tell that something was wrong by his posture. He was upset.

Instead of saying anything, I stepped up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, making him jump.

"Oh, hey. Are you ready?" He chirped.

I pulled away and looked up at him as he turned around.

"You look gorgeous." He said, kissing my lips.

"Thanks." I said slowly as I analyzed his face.

"So are you ready?" He repeated, kissing my forehead.

The more I figured out, the more my heart broke. The only emotions I could see on his face were regret, guilt, passion, and lust. But not for me. No, the passion and lust was for Brooke. She did it. She won. He cheated on me, it was all on his face. She won. Brooke won.

"Am I ready?" I choked.

"Yeah. You know, to go?" He asked in a confused tone.

I didn't feel sad or angry or rejected or lonely. No, I felt nothing. I was numb. I couldn't feel anything. My head was throbbing and the room started spinning, but I was numb. I could see my whole life changing for the worse before my eyes. 

"You know, I don't feel too well. I'm just going to go back upstairs." I nearly whispered.

"What? Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Babe, what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong." I lied. "I just don't want to go out."

I turned around to leave, but Adam grabbed my wrist. "Talk to me." He said softly.

I spun around to face him. Now, the only emotion pulling through the numbness was anger. I did nothing wrong. Why did he do this to me? How could he? "Did you really think that you can lie to a girl who knows everything?!" I screached.