Ch. Six

Unedited.

"Hey, sleepy. Wake up." Somebody was shaking me awake. 

I mumbled something then forced open my heavy eyelids to see Ariana hovering over me.

"Ariana. Hey." I grumbled.

"Morning, sleepy head."

"What time is it?" I asked, sitting up.

"Ten. So we have three hours to get all pretty."

"For what?" I mumbled.

"For reunion, silly." She chuckled.

"Adam said I should just dress casual."

"Yeah. And by casual, he meant casual to our family. Which isn't casual at all. Which is why I brought over a dress that I know will look amazing on you. Now, go and shower. Hurry up."

I nodded and forced myself onto my feet and stumbled into the bathroom, turning on the shower.

"How'd you get in here?" I called through the door.

"Luke let me in." She called back as I stepped into the shower.

I took a quick shower and then wrapped a towel around me and went back into my room where Ariana was laying on my bed, going through a magazine that was on my nightstand. 

"Wear this." She said, standing up and handing me a girly white dress covered in pink roses.

"Really?" I whined, taking the dress.

She nodded. "It's cute."

I rolled my eyes and went back into the bathroom and changed into the dress.

Two hours later, I was dressed, my hair was curled and my makeup was done, as was was Ariana's.

"Okay, let's go." She chirped as the clock struck one.

"This is going to be awful. I shouldn't have said yes." I complained.

"It won't be that bad." She rolled her eyes as we crossed the cul-de-sac into her house.

When we entered the house, I was overwhelmed by how many people were in the large living room. There were people everywhere with smiles. Laughing and talking and eating. I saw Adam coming towards us and he smiled as he stood in front of us.

"I know. I did a good job, huh?" Ariana said proudly, talking about me.

"Yeah, you did." He chuckled, then he looked at me. "You look adorable."

"Aw, gee. Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"Hi, Grandma!" Ariana called, skipping over to an old lady, leaving me alone with Adam.

He took my hand in his and whispered in my ear, telling me who everybody was. My hand felt so comfortable in his that it made my heart beat faster. When he was done telling me their names, he walked me over to his Aunt Gina and Mary.

"Aunt Gina, Aunt Mary. I want you to meet my girlfriend, Lindsay." He said casually to the two middle aged women.

My tummy did a flip when he called me his girlfriend, even if it wasn't true, and I had to suppress a giggle.

"Oh, darling! She's beautiful." Gina said, wrapping me in a hug. 

"I know." Adam sighed, making me blush.

"It's about time you get a girl." Mary cooed.

"Thank you. Well, we're going to go say hi to everybody." Adam said awkwardly, dragging me away from the two and towards his cousin, Lilly.