Ch. Thirty- Nine

Ariana's POV

I looked out my window and saw Luke carrying Lindsay's limp body into their house. I hope she's okay.

I waited a few minutes before grabbing my phone and dialing Luke's number.

"Hello?" He answered in a whisper.

"Hey, I saw you carrying Lindsay, is she hurt?" I asked.

"No, no I just carried her up stairs." He said.

"Oh, okay." But there was something else on my mind. All day, since Lindsay told me about her lunch with Amber. Something is wrong. Amber isn't a good person, she wouldn't do this. "Did Lindsay tell you she was going to lunch with Amber?"

"Yeah, what about it?" He huffed.

I could tell he wasn't in the mood to talk but I just had to bring this up. "Well, don't you think it's kind of weird?"

"She's just trying to, I don't know, make nice?" He said.

How could he not even care? "She's Amber! She isn't nice! How aren't you just a little bit suspicous?"

"You're completely overreacting." He said in annoyance.

I furrowed my brow. "I'm overreacting? I'm just saying that Amber isn't a good person, she always has an agenda."

 "Look, it's Amber. What's the worst that she could do?"

"That's exactly my point, she's Amber. She's evil and she hates Lindsay but she's suddenly trying to be best friend of the year? How do you not care?!"

"Well if you're so damn worried about it then talk to Lindsay about it, not me."

"Why are you getting so mad?" I asked, my turn to grow a little irritated. "I'm just trying to help."

"Then mind your own god damn business!"

"Don't talk to me like that and stop being such a dick. You're not the only person that cares about Lindsay, you know."

"God, Ariana. Just shut up about it, it's no big deal. And honeslty, it's none of our business." His words surprised me and, honestly, they hurt... a lot. 

In fact, tears started building in my eyes. "Okay." I squeaked. "I-I won't bring it up again. Sorry." Even I could hear the shakiness in my voice.

"Whatever, I have to go." He muttered before the line went dead.

I tossed my phone onto the nightstand and curled up in bed. Our first fight. Over some stupid lunch. Way to go, Ariana.

Before I could fall asleep, there was a knock on my door. When I didn't answer, the door flung open and I quickly closed my eyes. If I pretend to be asleep, maybe they'll leave me alone.

"I know you're awake." Adam whispered, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I shook my head but kept my eyes closed. "I'm asleep."

He chuckled. "Okay, then I guess, since she's asleep, Ariana won't get any of these Skittles I brought with me."

At the mention of my favorite candy, I shot up from laying down and searched for the colorfull candy and my eyes landed on Adam's palm which held a large red pack of Skittels.

"Gimme." I said like a two year old as I helplessly reached for the pack.

He quickly reached back, keeping them away from my reach. "Tell my what's wrong."

"N-nothing's wrong." I lied as Adam opened up the pack, teasingly.

"Ari, I could hear you crying from my room." He said softly. "Scoot over."