Ch. Forty- Five

I did just as planned and stayed in the room, enjoying the amazing life of a penthouse suite. For most of the day, everybody was downstairs at the massive pool. I didn't want to go and made the boot tan line worse, and I couldn't even get in so it would just be teasing me. I did spend a lot of time on the balcony, looking over the city, however.

Jack came back earlier than the other three so that we could spend some time together without the others.

"Do you have a dress?" He asked as we were cuddled on the large living room couch watching some news channel. 

"I wouldn't come without a dress." I chuckled. I was sitting across his lap with one of his arms snaked around my waist and his other hand was rested on my thigh. I had my heard rested on his hard shoulder and felt his shoulders move up and down as he breathed. 

"Well what's the theme of this thing anyway?" He asked.

"I don't think it has a theme, but it's super fancy. Kind of like prom. Which is good because my dress hides my boot."

"I love your boot." Jack said firmly.

I chuckled. "You're just saying that to make me feel better." 

"No, it's... uh, cute." He said with a fake smile.

I rolled my eyes before putting my lips on his for a quick kiss. "Well I'm glad you feel that way because this boot here is stopping us from doing anything besides kissing and cuddeling."

He froze for a second at the thought. "Come to think of it, I'm not such a fan of the boot."

I let out a laugh. "That's what I thought."

He smirked slightly before his smirk faded and he just looked at me with his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What?" I asked, suddenly feeling very self concious.

"Why are you wearing foundation?" He asked.

"I- I'm not." I lied.

He picked up a finger and wiped it gently around the black eye then loooking at the tip of the finger where a thick layer of foundation was smudged. "Really?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

I faked a smile. "Oh, that! I might have put a dab around my eye." I muttered softly, looking down at my lap. To be honest, I've drenched my eye in foundation to try and hide the swollen bruise because, in all honestly, it's completely embarassing. I can't explain why, but I just hated people seeing it, especially Jack. 

"Lindsay..." Jack said warningly.

I shrugged innocently. "It's just foundation."

"Why are you using it?"

"Because this is very ugly." I said gesturing towards my eye. "And I don't like looking at it."

"You don't have to hide." He whispered. "You're perfect in your bulky cock blocking boot and black eyed way."

I chuckled softly. "Even if that was true, I don't think it would be considered a compliment."

He wiped away more of the foundation. "Well it is true and it was a compliment."

I sighed. "Then thanks... I guess."

He smiled and wiped his hand on his pants before pecking my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said before putting another iss on his soft lips.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was wearing a strapless dress with the top being covered in gold sequins and at the waist, it dropped into a flowy golden fabric with a see through layer of sparkles over top of it that faded out as it fell. The dress fell to the floor in a small poof. It was like the prom dress I never got to buy. My hair was fixed into tight curls and flowing over one shoulder. My makeup was light and sparkly to match the dress that was luckily poofy enough to cover my bulky cast. My foundation was caked around my eye because despite mine and Jack's conversation yesterday, I wasn't in the mood to showcase the deep, disguisting bruise to all of Hollywood. Luckily, when I woke up this morning, I tried to walk without the crutches and no pain came to my ankle so it's decided that I won't need them for the party. And if I will need them, someone can just run up and get them for me since the party is just downstairs.