Ch. Eight

"Let's go, Luke! Hurry!" I whined. "Eat faster!"

He laughed. "Somebody's in a rush to get to school. What's the hurry? Excited to get to gym?"

I sighed. "Yep. That's it. I just love exercise. It's so... healthy."

"Right. It couldn't be that you want to go see Adam, right?"

I scoffed. "What? No, of course not. He's your friend, remember?"

"Is that why you have a date with him tonight?" He asked as we went out to his car.

"What?" I gasped, my face filling with red. "I-I don't have a date with him tonight."

"Sure you don't."

"I'm just helping him with calculus. Sounds romantic, huh?" I snorted sarcastically as we pulled up to Jack's house.

"It's a date." He said, firmly.

"Speaking of dates, when are you and Ariana going out?" I asked, taking the attention off of me and Adam, who aren't dating, by the way.

He paused, his face turning red. "Oh, uh, well- you see..."

I laughed. "You didn't ask her? Stupid boy." I tsked.

Jack made his way into the car and Luke sped off down the road.

"Hey, man." Luke said before returning his attention towards me. "No, I didn't. But that doesn't make whatever you're doing tonight not a date. It's a date."

"You're totally acting like a girl." I rolled my eyes.

"You have a date tonight?" Jack interupted.

"No." I said, at the same time that Luke said "Yes."

I rolled my eyes. "No." I said again.

Jack chuckled. "Seems like a date."

"W-what makes you say that?" I sputtered.

"You're blushing. You've got it bad." He sang.

"Shut up!" I squealed as Luke and Jack shared a high five. I crossed my arms and let out a huff.

"Chill, sweetheart. Adam thinks it's a date too." Jack said smugly.

I couldn't see his face so I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. "You're lying." I said confidently.

He looked back at me and smirked. "Am I?"

I nodded, even though I still wasn't completely sure. "Yes."

He shrugged. "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that." I huffed, leaving the car and pushing through the crowd of whores. Luckily, I went unotices again.

First period came around and all I could think about was Adam. Last night, he kissed me and then I walked off before he could say anything. Stupid, stupid stupid!

My classes flew by quickly, which I was thankful for. Lunch was fun, with Miss. Miller and the art room. My charcoal drawing is almost done and I think it's going to turn out pretty well. 

By the time gym came around, I found myself in the locker room with the rest of the girls. Today, I brought blue shorts that were kind of short for my taste, but eh, well. I also had on a black tank top and my hair was in a tight pony tail, swaying whenever I ran.

I followed Ariana out of the locker room and into the gym where everybody was gathering in the center of the gym, around Mrs. Jacubs.

"Okay, so to start off the year I'm going to make a deal with you." She said with a smirk. Everybody waited for her to explain. "It's kind of a 'who knows your classmates better, me or you guys' kind of thing. This is how it works. You guys pick somebody to race and I pick somebody to race. If my guy wins, it's fifteen laps for everybody except for the winner. If you win, we'll have an ice cream party and no running for a week. Sound like a plan?"