Ch. Five

I was wearing tight black skinny jeans and a floral tank top with white lace on the back with my gray Converse.

"Do I look okay?" I asked Luke as I got downstairs.

He chuckled. "Dude, it's the movies. Not prom. Chill."

"I'm not worrying." I defended.

"You look great, baby." My mom called from the kitchen.

"Thank you." I chirped.

Luke rolled his eyes. "High school is already rubbing off on you."

"That was the plan, wasn't it?" I muttered. "Now, let's go get this over with." I said, walking towards the front door with Luke close behind me. "Who are we picking up?" I asked.

"Nobody. We're riding with Adam." He said simply.

"Oh." I squeaked, my cheeks immediately flushing red.

He chuckled. "I thought you'd like that."

"I never said that I like that." I defended.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "You know, for a super genius, you sure are stupid."

I rolled my eyes. "So you've said." We walked across the cul-de-sac towards Adam's house just as he came out of the house.

"Perfect timing." He said with that to-die-for smile. He made eye contact with me for a fraction of a second before looking away and heading for the black Hummer.

I climbed into the back and Luke took the front seat as Adam pulled out of the driveway and down the street.

We got to the movies and I silently trailed behind Adam and Luke as we walked over to the crowd of people that were waiting for us. I stayed silent while Adam and Luke conversed with everybody.

I noticed Amber giving me a death glare from across the group. I just rolled my eyes and looked the other way, staying by Luke's side.

"Talk. Socialize." He whispered to me.

"To who?"

He looked around at his friends, then took my hand and dragged me over to some random guy. He was kind of cute, and he smiled at me.

"Hey, Parker. This is Lindsay. Lindsay, this is Parker." Luke said casually.

I glared at Luke. "You're seriously trying to set me up?"

He shrugged innocently. "Have fun." And he walked away.

"Hi." Parker said nicely.

"Hey." I muttered.

"So, you're that girl that totally showed up Amber yesterday, right?"

I couldn't help the smile that played on my lips. "That would be me."

"That was so cool." He said. "You have some guts."

I giggled and did a little bow. "Why, thank you."

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, Lindsay. Can you come get the concessions with me?" Adam asked.

"Uh, sure." I said, looking at him and then Parker again. "Nice meeting you."

He smiled and nodded. "You too, Lindsay."

Adam took my hand and practically dragged me out of the group of people mingling outside of the theater.

When we got inside, he let go of my hand and I followed him to the concession counter. "What's up?" He asked awkwardly.

"Luke's trying to set me up with his jock friends." I complained. "I mean, he's the one who wanted me to come, so I don't see why he just keeps pushing it."