Ch. Twenty- Seven

I woke up the next morning to a pounding in my head. I groaned and rolled over in the bed, putting my hand to my forehead. That's when I realized how close to the edge I was because when I rolled over, I landed on the ground with a loud Thump!

"Lindsay, are you okay?" I heard Ariana's voice above me. A second later, her face popped over the edge of the bed and I could tell that she was trying to hide her laughter.

"My head hurts." I groaned, standing to my feet.

She chuckled. "Yeah, that's called a hangover."

I rolled my eyes, causing my headache to grow. "I want asprin." I moved through the bedroom and almost made it to the door before I gasped and spun around to face Ariana. "Oh my god."

She looked at me confused. "What?"

"Oh my gosh, I told Luke about me and Jack, didn't I?" I asked, trying to remember what happened after the new year. All I can remember is Adam looking at Jack with the most deadly glare I have ever seen.

Ariana chuckled. "Yeah, that was fun."

"What happened? Is he still alive?" I asked quickly.

She shrugged. "I don't know what happened. Luke asked us all to go inside and he talked to you and Jack outside. I just went to bed."

I sighed. "This is bad."

"That's what you get for going all bat crazy and chugging half a bottle of Jack Daniels."

"Hey, I could have gone all of the way if Drew didn't stop me." I defended.

"Not helping your case very much." She said with a slight smirk.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled turning around and going into the bathroom. After I found the asprin, I took a few then hesitantly started going down the stairs.

All three boys were in the kitchen. Of course, this couldn't be easy. I stumbled into the kitchen silently as the guys stopped their conversations to watch me walk to the fridge.

I opened up the fridge and pulled out a small plastic bottle of Simply Orange orange juice, ignoring the awkward silence that filled the kitchen.

"Good morning." Adam finally said.

I opened my orange juice and glared at him for an instant. I was still really mad at him for what he did yesterday. I mean, sure I was acting a little stupid. But that's my choice to make, not his. He is not my boss. He's just my ex now. Even if it still hurts to think that, it's true. He can't tell me what to do.

"Yeah." I finally muttered.

"How are you feeling?" Luke asked.

"Fine." I said, faking a smile and sipping on the orange juice. "I have a headache but I took some asprin." I started walking towards the back door.

"Where are you going?" I heard Luke call behind me.

"Out to the beach. It's our last day and hangover or not, I'm going to enjoy it." I said, opening the door and walking out. The morning sand was refreshing, and so was the breeze that cought in my hair.

"Hey, want some company?" Adam called after me, jogging up to my side as I walked down the beach with the cold ocean lapping on my ankles.

"No, not really." I muttered, not sparing him even a glance.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

I faked a gasp. "You don't say."

"What'd I do?" He whined.