Chapter 26

~Makeena~

  "Well someone sure is happy." My head snapped towards Terrence. He was smiling at me with an amused expression on his face. I narrowed my eyes and glared at him. I was anything but happy at the moment. Practice had started up again. I was so tired.

  "Shut up, you're not the one who has to be drenched in sweat every day, not to mention the occasional injury." I ranted. Terrence's eyes narrowed at the whole injury thing.

  "What injuries?" he asked narrowing his eyes even more.

  "Nothing, they heal in like a few minutes anyway." I said shrugging my shoulders hoping he would just drop it. I usually got hurt during practice but so did most of the people. Everyone had to attend practice to get ready for the fight, apart from the underage kids and Terrence, Sam, and Darcy.

  "Okay so how was your talk with Darren?" Terrence asked. After I came back to the room yesterday Terrence was called to a meeting with the other alphas.

  "It went pretty well." I said nonchalantly. I believe everything Darren, well my dad, had to say. I was still upset that my mother had been murdered and I hoped one day those rogues got what was coming for them.

  "He, uh told me that my mother was killed by rogues, and that was why he had put me up for adoption, to protect me." I said.

  "Oh baby, I'm sorry." Terrence said wrapping his arms around me. I smiled and leaned into his embrace.

  "Um, sorry to ruin the moment but we have a fight in progress in the training arena." Aaron said standing in the doorway of the living room, pointing towards the front door.

  We both jumped up and sprinted for  the training arena. I got there before Terrence did. There was two boys, who looked about fourteen or fifteen, and they were in the middle of a serious battle, over what I didn't know. There was a frightened girl in the corner of the training arena yelling her head off for them to stop hurting each other. I stepped forward.

  "What is the meaning of this?" I said calmly with my luna voice, which seemed to have a lot of authority. Both boys stopped what they were doing and got off of each other.

  They took a few steps away from each other before looking at me. I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes at them.

  "One of you better talk." I said still using my luna voice. The boy on the right stepped forward, and I noticed he had dirty blond hair and dark brown eyes, along with a bloody nose and several scratches, which were already starting to heal. I was just happy they hadn't phased and then decided to fight.

  "Carly is my mate, but her dumbass ex-boyfriend won't leave her alone." he said putting emphasis on the word ex as he looked at the other boy. The frightened girl I had seen earlier stepped forward and held onto his arm. Carly I assume. She had mid back length wavy brown hair and light hazel eyes.

  "Names." I demanded.

  "I'm Chris and this is Carly." Chris said. I looked at the boy on the left, who had strawberry blond hair and blue-green eyes, whose injuries had nearly healed.

  "Kevin." he replied.

  "Okay well Kevin, I strongly suggest you leave Carly and Chris here alone, got it?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.  He fiddled with his feet before looking back up at me.

  "Yea." he replied turning around and shoving his way through the crowd. I noticed he was heading towards the woods and exchanged a look with Terrence before deciding to follow him.

  The next thing we needed was a confused teenager phasing and doing something he would later on regret.

  He walked a quarter of the way into the woods before spinning around to face me, making me halt in my tracks.

  "Stop following me." he growled. I sighed and looked into his eyes, which held so many emotions; anger, sadness, and a look that clearly said I'm lost. I stepped forward and did what I would want someone to do to me if I had that lost look on my face. I pulled him into a hug and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

  I was actually surprised when he responded by wrapping his arms around me as well. Sobs soon started to rock his body and I felt bad for him. He was just some lost teenager, and I knew how that felt.

  I rubbed my arm up and down his back trying to sooth him as a mother would.

  "It's going to be okay." I said. I pulled away from him and my heart broke when I saw his tear-stained face. I quickly wiped away his tears with my thumb.

  He looked up at me and let out a small sad sigh.

  "She was the first girl I ever loved, and then she just dumps me for him." he said. I smiled down at him.

  "You know maybe she was the first girl you loved, but she most certainly will not be the last, that spot is reserved for your mate." I said. He looked at the ground before speaking again.

  "What if she doesn't want me?" he whispered. I put my finger under his chin and lifted it up to where he was looking into my eyes.

  "She would be stupid not to." I said smiling. He returned the smile before hugging me one last time.

  "Come on, let's get back." I said putting my arm around his shoulder. He smiled and sniffed one last time before nodding his head.

  "Thanks." he said.

  "No problem, kid." I responded squeezing his shoulder.

  We arrived back and the crowd had disappeared. Only Chris and Carly were left. Carly was cleaning the blood off of Chris. I looked down at Kevin.

  "You should talk to them." I said.

  "What if they decide to just hate me forever?" he whispered. I looked down at him and sighed. This kid was broke, and I was going to help fix him.

  I started walking towards the couple, pulling Kevin along with me.

  The couple looked up but didn't say anything.

  "I, uh, I'm sorry. I won't mess with you two anymore, I swear." Kevin started. Carly exchanged a look with Chris.

  "Why don't we all just be friends?" Chris asked. I didn't miss the surprised look on Kevin's face.

  "Seriously? Even after everything I did?" he asked.

  "Yeah." Carly said smiling up at Chris.

  "We were all friends before this started, let's go back to that." Chris said.

  I took a step back as Chris hugged Kevin. I smiled as they pulled Carly into their group hug. I turned around and started to walk away.

  "It's good to have you back." I heard Chris say. I smiled, as I knew I had helped someone today. And it felt good, really good.

------------------------------------

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!