Chapter 24

~Makeena~

  "Hey Terrence, can we talk?" I asked Terrence as I walked up to him. We were currently alone in his office on the fifth floor, and I wanted to talk about the age limit of the fighters. I didn't want any kids to put their lives on the line, especially not for me.

  "Yea sure, take a seat." he said looking up from a stack of papers he had been reading, and pointed at one of the two chairs inside his office.

  I sat down in the chair to the right.

  "I wanted to talk about the age limit of the fighters." I started. He looked intently at me before responding.

  "What do you mean?" he asked, as he slightly tilted his head to the left.

  "I don't want any kids risking their lives." I said.

  Terrence took a deep breath before responding.

  "If they are fifteen or older they fight." he said shrugging. My eyes widened.

  Fifteen?

  Fifteen!

  Fifteen was so young, so innocent.

  "B-But that's so young." I stuttered. Terrence looked at me as if he had expected this answer.

  "I already talked to the packs and they all agreed on fifteen as the age limit." he said.

  My face went blank as I fell back into my seat.

  Kids were going to risk their lives in this fight. I didn't even understand why Luke decided to start this war now. What was his deal?

  "Tonight we are having an official meeting in the backyard, so that everyone can have a chance to talk." Terrence said I just meekly nodded.

  "Why the backyard?" I mumbled, still in my funk mode.

  "So that everyone can fit comfortably." he said. I nodded and just stayed silent in my chair as Terrence got back to his reading. I didn't miss the concerned looks Terrence shot at me every five minutes.

  An official meeting.

  Can't wait.

                          ****

  I shifted nervously on my feet as I waited for Terrence to start speaking. He looked just as nervous as I did. His eyes met mine and I smiled weakly knowing what he needed.

  I made my way towards him until I was standing next to him. He looked down at me and gave me a grateful smile. I squeezed his hand, encouraging him to speak.

  He took a deep breath and started speaking.

  "I called this meeting so that anyone who wants to be heard can have the opportunity." he started.

  It was only a few seconds after he had spoke that a young looking boy stepped forward. He looked about thirteen or fourteen. He had shaggy brown hair that fell a little over his brown eyes. He whipped his head to the side, so his hair was flipped out of his face.

  "I have something to say." he started. Terrence gave him an encouraging smile.

  "Go ahead." he said.

  "I was told that everyone who is fifteen or older is going to have to fight." he said emphasizing the word 'have'.

  "Well its their choice I'm not forcing anybody to do anything, it's completely up to them." he said.

  "What if they say no? Are you going to make them leave?" he asked his eyes a little wider.

  "No, of course not. If they don't want to fight them I respect that." Terrence said with a hard voice. The kid nodded and stepped back into the crowd.

  "Anything else?" Terrence asked looking amongst the crowd of over one hundred people.

  A fairy stepped forward this time. I recognized him as the leader of all the fairies that had arrived. His eyes looked straight at me.

  "Do you know what you are, child?" he asked me. My face scrunched up in confusion. I glanced at Terrence to find that he had the same confused expression.

  "A werewolf?" I said as more of a question.

  "Yes, well half werewolf anyway." he said.

  Half?

  What the hell did he mean by half?

  "What do you mean?" I asked. Darren's face expression looked torn.

  "You're half werewolf." he repeated.

  "Yea you already said that." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

  "You were adopted." he said. I swallowed hard as he brought up something I didn't want to talk about.

  "Yea, so?" I asked.

  "Your mom was a werewolf, your dad however was the leader of a fairy community. " he said.

  "You're half werewolf half fairy." he said. My eyes widened as I looked at the crowd of people who wee know staring between me and Darren.

  Half werewolf?

  Half fairy?

  What?

  "I know I just told you some really surprising news but,uh, I got one more thing to tell you." he started. I stared suspiciously at him.

  "I, uh, I'm your dad."

__________________________________________

Ohhh daddy. <<< see what I did there? Okay.

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!